Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By JohnFH
I have wanted to do this for a while, now I know I should have done it sooner. No clue what the final project will end up looking like, but I see better optics, currently Nikon 4x fixed, refined internals (buffer and extended mag release already) and a new barrel to still be decided, but 20" seems like it may suit my accuracy fetish.
I thank my kids for taking care of good ole dad this year and supplying the stock. (It was my idea first Jeff)
By myglimk2
:lol:
Looks good! 8)
By GreggAndrews
Wait, so this is the first 10/22 you've ever OWNED?

I had a 10/22 before you, na-na :lol:
By JohnFH
I got laid before you na-na (actually my second, but the first doesn't count)
By GreggAndrews
JohnFH wrote:I got laid before you na-na (actually my second, but the first doesn't count)
Damn you Mr. Oracle... you win this round!
By PaiN
I know the secret plan ;) ....and this is going to look really sharp once "done"
By JohnFH
PaiN wrote:I know the secret plan ;) ....and this is going to look really sharp once "done"
Really, please tell me so I know :wink:

I'm having a real hard time picking a barrel, too many choices
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:
PaiN wrote:I know the secret plan ;) ....and this is going to look really sharp once "done"
Really, please tell me so I know :wink:

I'm having a real hard time picking a barrel, too many choices
Do I really have too help.. :roll:

Picture this in the complete setup :) and its one of the best 10/22 barrels available
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/718954 ... less-steel
By JohnFH
They are not my only supplier, besides, until I decide what I want, it doesn't matter.

I'm not in any rush either, I might decide on a change along the way after adding some other part, who knows, this is strictly a fun gun and I'm already looking at a match receiver and bolt set, bad things can happen here.

I'm also looking at a silver base and rings to compliment the latest addition......
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:They are not my only supplier, besides, until I decide what I want, it doesn't matter.

I'm not in any rush either, I might decide on a change along the way after adding some other part, who knows, this is strictly a fun gun and I'm already looking at a match receiver and bolt set, bad things can happen here.

I'm also looking at a silver base and rings to compliment the latest addition......
I've got to back gently out of this ..... I know, in the end, its going to be kick ass know matter how much you change your mind between now and then.
By JohnFH
PaiN wrote:
JohnFH wrote:They are not my only supplier, besides, until I decide what I want, it doesn't matter.

I've got to back gently out of this ..... I know, in the end, its going to be kick ass know matter how much you change your mind between now and then.
Chicken

So I figured out the only difference in the bolt release between the stock and auto bolt is a little bit of metal, it feels much better now.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!