Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By denick
If I might offer something to consider. I apologize for I have no gift for words.

Memorial Day is a day of remembrance of those who died in service to their country. Memorial Day is a day about "Love"

Soldiers in combat fight for the soldiers who are with them in battle. They fight and some die, for the "Love" of the human being beside them, their brother. They fight and die so their brother is not taken from the one's he "Loves". They fight to return to the one's they "Love". They fight so no brother will need to join them in battle. Each veteran is a brother to those who've died in service to our country.

"Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

I propose, that on Memorial Day we should say thank you to every veteran and veterans families we meet. But first take their hand in yours, hold it, look in their eyes,. And say "Thank you, I love you!" If you can, hug them and kiss them. If they cry, don't let them go.

To those here who have served "thank you, I love you!" If I could I would embrace you.

[/u]
By PaiN
Thank you, to those and their families who have given so much for freedom and the American way. May we that are here today honor these persons by never letting the ideals of freedom and living as a free people be undermined in the slightest as the pinning of how we live on.....
By Mopar
By SR9
I want to thank ALL our Veterans past, present and future for their service, sacrifice and the freedom they have so gallantly fought for from the Revolutionary War through the Middle East today.

We owe ALL of you a debt of gratitude that can never be expressed in a way that conveys the true value of what all of you have given us individually and our Nation as a whole.

I for one will honor ALL of you by participating in our town's Memorial day Parade and and following ceremony by the local VFW. Also, by exercising my 2nd Amendment rights by going to the range.

I want to again say thank you to ALL our Veterans for your service!!!

Our Veterans are MY heroes!

Proud to support our Military,

SR9
By snakeeater332
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."

President John F. Kennedy

This video was recorded by my good buddy, a US Marine with 2 combat tours to Iraq and Afghanistan in support of the GWOT. It is a rare insight into our military during war and will make you better appreciate the men and women in the USMC and our military. Against his Gunnery Sergeant's wishes, he recorded this pre-battle speech, with the result being this awesome video with the last words these Marines from 1st Bn 6th Marines heard before boarding helos and heading into the heart of Marjeh. A truly inspiring video and speech.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_ur ... zYMI&gl=US

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

President George Washington

May God bless those that have given that ultimate sacrifice in defense of this great nation so that we may live free!
By GreggAndrews

To all my friends, and those I have not met who serve, and have served; I am forever grateful for your sacrifices. :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!