Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By nvisn
Can we please establish some sort of Code Of Conduct on here for the classified section? Lately people have been getting screwed left and right. Just my idea, its worth what it cost...
By Mike_Diako
+1
By Harry
If buyer and seller terms are clear; why will anybody get screwed? Plus here there is no anonymity like auction sites. I highly doubt anybody really gets screwed in terms of dealing part.
Moreover, cons are everywhere; No matter what rules you put, they'll find the way out
By nvisn
Harry with all due respect. Please read the negative feedback thread on here.

There have been 3 people (myself included) screwed over on here within the past 2 months. It isn't an issue with scammers per se. The issue is people acting less than honorable - agreeing to terms and than backing out.

I have developed personal relationships with many users on this sight and I can PROMISE you, that what is actually posted in the negative feedback section of the site is FAR from the number of actual deals that have gone south on here. People don't want to report on it because they don't want to make waves.

Well guess what?

It is time for all of us to start acting like men and sticking to our words.
By punisher
+2
By hayes1966
Guys feel free to make a list of suggestions ..

one thing, I suggest all deals are made on the board, not via PM.
By SR9
nvisn wrote:Can we please establish some sort of Code Of Conduct on here for the classified section? Lately people have been getting screwed left and right. Just my idea, its worth what it cost...
Sad day when a man's word is no longer his honor. :x
By GreggAndrews
I agree with this 100%.

I've met a lot of great people on here, but there are a few not-so-good folks around.
By Harry
hayes1966 wrote:Guys feel free to make a list of suggestions ..

one thing, I suggest all deals are made on the board, not via PM.
How about making Auction or brokerage type of section where once deal is done, you can't back out
By PaiN
I feel a "code" or outline for conducting business over this forum should be posted. No its not going to keep a true "con" out but it will be good business practice and establish a set of minimum standards so both parties can know what to expect and what is expected of them.
The forum is growing, as is the volume in the classifieds, having this outline in place will be a good idea.

edit
sry, fixed my typo
Last edited by PaiN on Mon May 21, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By hayes1966
There is one posted but no one is following them.

Post a message to the original sellers post that says "I'll take it". Backroom deals done through pm are he said she said problems.

I will change the forum back to the original way where you can't edit or delete your posts.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!