Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Hddreamer
sorry for the crappy second pic if you want ill delete it just let me know
By punisher
Yea that second picture is atrocious :wink:
Just kidding.

I can see that the flange is very thin.
By PaiN
Glad too see it back in your hand....
By punisher
If i remember correctly, the recoil rod flange on my G27 was also very thin.
Maybe someone here can verify that.
By Bcarp22
Thanks for the pics. That flange really is thin. Glad you have it back and hopefully you don't have any trouble at all when you get it to the range.
By Hddreamer
Well once I get it to the range ill let everyone know how I make out
To be honest I just got a bad feeling about how thin the flange is , how much pressure gets applied ,and where it sits
To me it just spells trouble
I've been wrong a lot in the past and I hope this is one of them ,I hope if someone from smith and Wesson reads this they would look into this a little more, I don't see the harm in making that flange even .020 thicker if it was I don't think it would have bent .
On the brighter side , usually when something I buy goes bad right from the get go , I get rid of it , but this gun felt so good that I know I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon !
By Bcarp22
How did it do at the range?
By Hddreamer
Sorry to take so long to give an update on my shield I've been workin like crazy ( goin on 14 days straight ) so l took off early yesterday to get down to the range and try it out once again the gun shot great no hiccups , felt great and I put 100 rounds through it then I went home and cleaned it I took the slide off and inspected the rod from the recoil spring and everything was good no bent parts !
It still bothers me about how thin the retainer is ,I took a micrometer and measured it , it's .0215 thick ,come on ,really .0215 thick ya think they could have made it somewhere in the ball park of .050 all that would do to the performance is make that gun that much better ( hey Smith & Wesson are ya listening ? ) that's my opinion ,
The gun is great even with the little mishap and the 3week wait to have it Back in my hands I wouldn't trade or sell this gun any time soon !
Anyone buying this gun , I believe will not be disappointed .
I'll keep updating as I shoot this great gun some more .
By PaiN
Hddreamer wrote: Anyone buying this gun , I believe will not be disappointed .
I have too agree :D
The Shield is what so many shooters and concealed carriers have been asking and waiting for, for many years.....otherwise known as the "single stack Glock"...
Props to S&W for making it a reality.

In a High Noon "Mr. Softy"
By Hddreamer
Hey pain do you have a website for that holster in the pic ?
Thats really nice !
By Bcarp22
Just an FYI for anyone else who has been trying to find a Shield.....Riverview just got a boatload in. I just got home with one.....FINALLY! :D
By KBtoy22
Gotta agree, love the 9mm Shield I puchased! Got lucky when I was at BSR (3 weeks+ ago) and stopped by after at Park City Tactical and there it was (only one they got!)... Paid more than MSRP though but worth the investment, I just think of it as a birthday gift for myself :D And the holster I use is Remora 6ART with a bit of customization that I requested...
By budget76
This is quickly moving to the top of my list of first CCW/pistol purchase. I have read nothing but positive on it, and sounds like HDD just had bad luck (can't see pics at work).
By PaiN
budget76 wrote:This is quickly moving to the top of my list of first CCW/pistol purchase. I have read nothing but positive on it, and sounds like HDD just had bad luck (can't see pics at work).
The Shield was a good shooting carry pistol, I should have kept it but Oh, well I sold it because I got this crazy ass idea I only needed an SR9c for all my handgun needs.....EDC, HD, SHTF and comps. :roll:
By Bcarp22
I have to say I've been extremely pleased with mine. No issues at all and really easy to carry. If you are thinking about grabbing one I would say it's a great choice.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!