Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By punisher
Do you think the recoil spring is was at fault?
By Bcarp22
Hddreamer wrote:Ya I really just wanted to know what caused it I'm like that I'm more interested in why it happened then it's fixed and was sent out already
Thanks for keeping us posted on this. To bad they didn't tell you what the cause of the problem was. Hopefully when you get it back all is well.
By Hddreamer
No ,I brought it down to JoJo's to have it sent out they said they felt a step on the frame and thought that the rod got hung up on it personally I think at the end of the rod is way too thin there's no reason they couldn't have made it thicker
By punisher
So the recoil rod at the muzzle is resl small compared to thw hole on the slide?
By Hddreamer
As of right now I don't remember but I should get it tomarrow or Thursday when I do I'll take a picture of it and post it on this forum
Sorry I don't remember it was 3 weeks ago and didn't really didn't study it all that good but I will post once JoJo's calls me , you can bet on it I'll be on my way to pick it up as soon as I hang up with them!
By Hddreamer
Got the call from JoJo's today but couldn't get down there in time so now I have to wait till tomarrow now I waited 3weeks , I guess one more day won't kill me ..........or will it?????
By Bcarp22
Hddreamer wrote:Got the call from JoJo's today but couldn't get down there in time so now I have to wait till tomarrow now I waited 3weeks , I guess one more day won't kill me ..........or will it?????
I'm sure it will be nice to get it back in your hands. Hopefully you don't have any more issues and all is well. You plan on getting it back out to the range soon and putting it through its paces??
By Hddreamer
Absolutely I'm gonna go ASAP but no later than Sunday I try to make it to the range every Sunday
By PaiN
I was at Jo-jo's this morning checking on my order and we were talking about your Shield....yours was the only one with a problem :? sucky luck
I should have mine soon.
By Hddreamer
Thanks pain ......I think , ( LOL )
By punisher
I want one so bad.
By Bcarp22
That makes 2 of us...
By PaiN
punisher wrote:I want one so bad.
Bcarp22 wrote:That makes 2 of us...
You all know me :? ......shouldn't take too long to be available :lol:
By Bcarp22
I love it.....you are going to have a bidding war before ever having the gun in hand!!! :lol:
By Hddreamer
heres the pics of the recoil spring ,I put an arrow where the problem was, they wouldnt say why it happened (kind of thought that would happen) but they replaced the whole spring assembely , i thought for sure they would have "beefed"up that flange it is so thin and where it rests on the barrel is all flange not where the rod is so all the pressure is on the flange if they even made that part of the barrel bigger where it sits it would rest on the rod insted of the flange

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!