Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Hddreamer
My thought is why hide it tell her your buying the gun and that's it you work and pay the bills what dose it matter this has worked for me for 25 years if I want to get something or if she dose we just get it as long as everything else is paid first
If ya got to hide it ,it's gonna come out sooner or later and there's twice the amount to fight over
And of she dosent like it at least you know before getting married
Just my opinion
By Bcarp22
Hddreamer wrote:Still waiting for mine to come back :(
Did you get your Shield back from S&W yet or get any feedback from them on the issue?
By Hddreamer
No, still nothing yet I'm gonna call the gun shop that shipped it out Monday if they haven't heard anything I'm gonna call S&W myself this is getting ridiculous it's going on 3weeks without a single call everyone I talked to says S&W has great customer service , I haven't seen it yet !
I was one of the first to get one and the only way I could see how they have been performing is by going on the forums !
Really S&W 3weeks for a minor repair!!!!!!!!
By Bcarp22
Yeah 3 weeks without hearing anything is not ok. I've never had to deal with S&W customer service but you would think that they would have at the very least given you a quick call by now. Hopefully you get some answers when you call your gun shop and/or S&W. Good luck and keep us posted!!!
By Hddreamer
Thanks I will keep updating and post what they tell me I really want the gun back the 40 shots I put through it were great thank god I went and bought a XDM at least I can go shoot that that's another really nice shooting gun
By Bcarp22
Glad to hear you were able to pick up something else in the meantime. Good call on the Springfield. I picked up an XDm a few months back and I love it. It's a fantastic shooter.
By Hddreamer
It sure is , I was lookin at the glock 34 but it didn't fit in my hand at all I couldn't stand how it felt the Springfield felt so much better .I got mine with the match barrel and trigger
By PaiN
Xdm....now you all are ruining my thread :evil:
By Bcarp22
Sorry Pain.....didn't mean to get off track 8O

Back to the Shield....
By PaiN
Bcarp22 wrote:Sorry Pain.....didn't mean to get off track 8O

Back to the Shield....
I'm kidding ;) talk about anything you like.
.....but if you can't tell I'm not a fan of the XD or XDm
By Bcarp22
I know.....I'm not very good at using these little emoticons to convey the sarcasm in my head (although I did feel a little bad about getting off track). It's the second time in as many days I've failed miserably with these things :oops: :? :wink:

Yeah I figured you weren't a fan. Are you a glock guy or just not a fan of polymers for the most part?
By PaiN
Bcarp22 wrote:I know.....I'm not very good at using these little emoticons to convey the sarcasm in my head (although I did feel a little bad about getting off track). It's the second time in as many days I've failed miserably with these things :oops: :? :wink:

Yeah I figured you weren't a fan. Are you a glock guy or just not a fan of polymers for the most part?
I do like Glocks, M&Ps and especially SRs..... The XD just don't work well for me, the grip is too narrow and the bore axis too high, which makes shooting one for me akin to holding a fish upright at the tail.....in other words, squally.
By Hddreamer
I wrote S&W last night and told them how they had my gun for 3 weeks and what was wrong ,they emailed me this morning
"our turnaround time is 2weeks max."
So I emailed back, it's been three weeks ,,,,,never got another email , so after work I called them ,all they said is; it got sent out today.
When I asked them what happened they had no answer just that they replaced the recoil spring assembly ,
So we will see if I get it tomarrow
By punisher
Ive delt with S&W. It was good overall but it seemed that the communication between the call person and the smiths was lacking.
By Hddreamer
Ya I really just wanted to know what caused it I'm like that I'm more interested in why it happened then it's fixed and was sent out already
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!