Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By lessthan0
My wife has a clean record. IT'S just that CT is a "MAY ISSUE" state,
I'm just worried if we call and they feel we are annoying them it will give them a reason to deny it :?:
By nvisn
lessthan0 wrote:My wife has a clean record. IT'S just that CT is a "MAY ISSUE" state,
I'm just worried if we call and they feel we are annoying them it will give them a reason to deny it :?:
The CCDL is working to remedy this. Please join the cause for free at www.ccdl.us
By 30_Cal
I dropped off application and fingerprints in north branford july 26th. I was told the turnaround time is 14-16 weeks especially since the whole colorado incident alot of folks have been applying
By 30_Cal
Just a follow up, got the letter from the town yesterday, august 25th, stating that the town of north Branford gave me the green light. Almost exactly 4 weeks turnaround. Not too shabby
By Haight240z
I live in Waterbury and just recently submitted my application (8/21/12) They told me 14-16 weeks. I haven't heard anything yet. I even gave them the character references, with their phone numbers. I even asked the people that gave me the references to let me know if they hear anything since the PD said they are going to follow up on the references. I would like some advice on how I should approach this. Should I keep on their case and keep track of where in the process my application is? Or should I wait until the 8 weeks pass before I inquire or in my case; wait the 14-16 weeks until I ask? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
By hayes1966
I suggest you place a follow up call at 8 weeks. Just be polite on the phone and keep calling.
By Haight240z
Thanks Hayes. I'm just kind of paranoid of jinxing my chances, especially after all of the horror stories I've heard about Waterbury PD. I just hope I don't have to wait the 14-16 weeks; that seems excessive to me.
By budget76
I just called in Rocky Hill at the 6 week mark. Records lady told me it usually takes 3 months 8O I mentioned to her according to the state it should be no more than 8 weeks, and some towns turn them around within 4 weeks. She brushed me off and said she would call me when it's in.

I'll be calling again at the 8 week mark, Rocky Hill has proved to be much more difficult than other towns are sounding to be.
By doug
budget76 wrote:I just called in Rocky Hill at the 6 week mark. Records lady told me it usually takes 3 months 8O I mentioned to her according to the state it should be no more than 8 weeks, and some towns turn them around within 4 weeks. She brushed me off and said she would call me when it's in.

I'll be calling again at the 8 week mark, Rocky Hill has proved to be much more difficult than other towns are sounding to be.
send a pm to Rich_B something does not seem right about that.
By myglimk2
Contact Scott Wilson or Lenny Benedetto at CCDL. Scott helped guide me through when I was having issues with my permit.
http://ccdl.us/aboutus/contact
By budget76
Thanks guys, I'll contact them in another two weeks if I hear nothing. Going to give the PD the full 8 weeks before going any further, but I predict I'll be getting in contact. Seems way off to me as well.

I have already argued with Rocky Hill over the recommendations and attached the statute stating they were not required to my application, I have no problem going and having a nice talk again if necessary. She didn't even ask for my name so there is no possibility of it being a specific case.
By Rich_B
budget76 wrote:I just called in Rocky Hill at the 6 week mark. Records lady told me it usually takes 3 months 8O I mentioned to her according to the state it should be no more than 8 weeks, and some towns turn them around within 4 weeks. She brushed me off and said she would call me when it's in.

The '8 week' deadline is almost entirely a myth. At 6 weeks, you are almost definitely ready for an appeal. In fact, you are probably 3 or 4 weeks overdue for one.

I would be happy to assist if you want help.

rich [at] ctcarry.com
By budget76
Rich,

Thank you for the offer, I am going to shoot you an email now.

I am at 8 weeks to the day in Rocky Hill. Called and asked for a status, again got the "oh no it will take 4 months" and "it's way too soon" answer again. I asked why there are people getting it in 4 weeks in Shelton and other towns, and made a statement about the CT Statute that there was an 8 week maximum wait without a written reason for the delay.

She told me she didn't know where I got my information but I was wrong. I was in the car and didn't have the info in front of me, but offered to call her back or come into the station with specifics and printed copies. She obviously declined :roll: FWIW I am the one who attached the statute stating letters of recommendation are not allowed to be required, with the main points highlighted.

She did offer to look up my information and tell me where the delay was, put me on hold, then came back and only told me I applied in August and nothing else. She mentioned that they had received a new statute stating 4 months wait, but declined to provide me any more information. I again questioned why other towns have reports of a 4 week turnaround, and she didn't have an answer.

Both times I have called and asked for an update she has been polite to start, then when I actually ask a question she seems to get annoyed and tries to get off the phone as quick as possible.

Just an update. I guess one upside to the delay is I have 3 rifles, and can't spend money on a pistol collection yet :lol:
By myglimk2
My brother in law waited 17 weeks in Shelton. Had him start his appeal after week 8. He got his permit before his letter with the appeal date came in. Had him call to cancel his appeal.
By budget76
myglimk2 wrote:My brother in law waited 17 weeks in Shelton. Had him start his appeal after week 8. He got his permit before his letter with the appeal date came in. Had him call to cancel his appeal.
Hmm, thanks for the info.

I have a buddy down in Shelton that applied, they told him 4-6 weeks, though I think he is at 4 weeks and guess we'll see. A friend of his got it a month or so ago, and he said it took somewhere in the 4-6 week region. I wonder why there' such a variation?

Maybe it is true they're that backlogged, but I can't see how they got that overwhelmed unless it's a one-man operation or only works once a week.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!