Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By lessthan0
Hi,
New to the sight. We just came back from dropping off my wifes app for a CCW.

The dispatcher said we should expect to wait 6-8 wks for a answer.
Is that the normal time people are waiting now?

Thanks in advance
By punisher
Sounds about right.
I did mine in Coventry and surprisingly it took 2 weeks.
Depends on the town.
Due to the public being more informed on the time limits the police station has theyve been sorta getting better but some wait longer because of the games they play.
By lessthan0
We live i n canton, Anyone from there?
By GreggAndrews
I'm about 10min. from Canton... :)
By punisher
Also because of people like Rich B crackiNg his whip at the police stations, alot of police stations are very aware that they are being watched on the time they take.
By Rich_B
It should take nowhere near 6-8 weeks.

They have 5 days to send it to SPBI, 1 week after SPBI returns the FBI report to issue or deny.

The only variable in the process is SPBI. Their work should be complete within 24 hours, but it may or may not be varying wildly. We are still figuring this out and they are being less than honest and transparent.
By newguy
I got mine done in 3 1/2 weeks in Portland and that only because first selectman's office does it and not police. Plus the girl who handles the paperwork i went to school with from kindergarten to 8th grade with :lol:
By lessthan0
What is the time they are allowed by law to notify her?
By Rich_B
lessthan0 wrote:What is the time they are allowed by law to notify her?
CGS 29-29.

They have five days to submit her fingerprints to SPBI, one week to issue or deny once they receive the results of the national criminal history check.
By lessthan0
"one week to issue or deny once they receive the results of the national criminal history check."

Is there a time limit on this part of the application or does it depend on back log?
By Rich_B
lessthan0 wrote:"one week to issue or deny once they receive the results of the national criminal history check."

Is there a time limit on this part of the application or does it depend on back log?
DESPP/SPBI has no statutory time limit on their background check process. That said, it is supposed to take approximately 24 hours and they supposedly have no backlog right now. We are confirming this.

http://ctcarry.com/Campaign/SPBIBacklog_Background
http://ctcarry.com/Permits/Fingerprinting
By lessthan0
Thanks for the info :)
By lessthan0
Some people have said to call and ask for updates about the status pf the application.

I'm just worried all that will do is annoy the chief and give him a reason to deny the permit. :?: :?
By Rich_B
lessthan0 wrote: I'm just worried all that will do is annoy the chief and give him a reason to deny the permit. :?: :?
Can you explain what you plan to say that would make you 'unsuitable' for a permit?

You are not asking for a favor...
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!