Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
This is NOT an official statement by the CCDL. This is nothing more than the opinion of James Keyser -

Yesterday on 28APR2012 the CCDL hosted a 2nd Amendment Rally on the lawn on the state capitol. This rally was HEAVILY publicized by the CCDL, Oath Keepers and other patriotic groups throughout the state. We handed out THOUSANDS of fliers to CT's Gun Owners. CCDL's executive board and coordinators worked tirelessly to pull off a flawless event.

My question to all CT firearms owners is:

WHERE WERE YOU?

Where were the 1 million of you yesterday while a handful of us stood on the Capitol steps and said "This is a God given right"?

Where were the 1 million of you yesterday while a handful of us stood on the Capitol steps and said "We won't be bullied"?

I don't know where you all were or what you had more important to do; but I am DISGUSTED by the APATHY shown by CT firearm owners as a whole.
By hayes1966
Next time provide more notice, the original announcement was from Jan 12 and this is not enough lead time to allow people to plan!!
By PaiN
The turn out was pathetic....
This is no oh-hum matter....the Second Amendment is under attack along with all of our other God given rights and freedoms

This is not coming from me.....This time I am repeating what I head from the mouths of politicians whom are still on our side.

Thank you James for calling this out. A showing like yesterday's at such an important event, seems to send the message we don't care and the anti's should have a pretty easy ride siding their agenda into place.
By nvisn
This post wasn't so well welcomed on CTGuntalk.
By punisher
Yesterday was my first attendance to a rally. It was good but we cant let sometimg like this divide us. Next we as a whole should make better efforts to makw it to these rallys
By punisher
Ill be honest here. CT Shooting was actually my first gun forum, before joining this forum i had never heard of a 2nd Ammendment rally, i was lost in my meaningless little life but since joining i learned of CCDL and other Ct forums.

From now on ill make sure to go to all the rallies and inform others of how important these rallies/ gatherings are.
Thats my oath.
By nvisn
punisher wrote:Ill be honest here. CT Shooting was actually my first gun forum, before joining this forum i had never heard of a 2nd Ammendment rally, i was lost in my meaningless little life but since joining i learned of CCDL and other Ct forums.

From now on ill make sure to go to all the rallies and inform others of how important these rallies/ gatherings are.
Thats my oath.
This my friend is the difference between the men here and the boys there. A man I respect unconditionally left me with this:
James, et. al:
As Frederick Douglas said in 1849:
"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will.
“Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they have resisted with either words, or blows, or by both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress."

Those who have not reached their limit as yet had more important things on their minds yesterday. Thank God for those of us that will only accept a much lower threshold and comprehend the tyranny and the harbinger of things to come.  For now, we are the soldiers; we are the “bell-ringers” screaming out loud for freedom and liberty.  Only some will hear, and less will join us.  It only required about 3% of the folks over 200 years ago, let us hope that . . .

Thank you all for who you are and what is in your hearts,
I am proud to stand amongst men an proud to be a III%er.
By hayes1966
nvisn wrote:This post wasn't so well welcomed on CTGuntalk.
I don't see your post there now, did you remove it?
By nvisn
Yes. I was done debating with asshats.
By MessEleven
nvisn wrote:Yes. I was done debating with asshats.
Wait...you mean they were arguing against standing up for our rights? It's one thing to not participate for whatever reason, but quite another arguing against!
By nvisn
This exact post - verbatim was called arrogant and self righteous.
By Rich_B
I can't speak for anyone else, but some officers of Connecticut Carry were here: http://www.ctguntalk.com/smf/training-r ... ?topicseen

We were working with great people in productive ways to try and accomplish what I hope to be interesting announcements in the not too distant future. Others were continuing long term work on heavier projects. All of them I believe to be important and consistent with our goal to further the right to bear arms in Connecticut.

I appreciate the various efforts by many different people and different organizations in similar fights. There are many ways to skin a cat, I am happy to say our personnel had a very productive weekend and have a lot to be announced and presented in the coming month.
By ernhartfan3
I tried to get out there but I had to work :(
By MadSmith
Same. Was at the shop doing the 'evil merchant of death' thing. Didn't even read about it until that same morning. And hadn't seen the after-argument at CTGuntalk either. Had I been free that day, would still have preferred more heads-up lead time. Would have loved to attend, meet up with fellow forum members, catch a pizza and talk shop afterwards at a local watering hole.

On that subject, any rallies planned/scheduled in the next 6 months? If there's a handy poster for it, I could stick it up in the shop for customers to see. I may not be able to attend during a business day, but they may be able to. I expect most gunshop owners and range operators would be quite willing to do the same. It costs us nothing to post up a flyer or small poster for the customers to see. We have a rack for that stuff that they can just pull a flyer off and take with them.
By Mopar
MadSmith wrote:Had I been free that day, would still have preferred more heads-up lead time. Would have loved to attend, meet up with fellow forum members, catch a pizza and talk shop afterwards at a local watering hole.
There has been a sticky announcement at the top of this forum since the second week of January.
All 2200+ CCDL members have received an email reminder once a month for the last 3-4 months.
It's been on the front of the CCDL.us website and Facebook page for at least that long.
We purchased space at the CT Hunting and Fishing Expo in February and promoted the rally there.
We've handed out thousands of flyers at gun shows and shops.

There is a fine line between notifying people and spamming them. I'm sure CCDL is open to suggestions as to how to better get the word out without crossing that line over into annoying spam.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!