Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By DemonicScience
I just found out that Sikorsky is in all out hiring freeze and thus I will not be starting work there as a contractor....

so my time CT has run out. Thanks for all the info guys, wish I could be staying longer, but with no money and no job this place is too expensive.

good luck and keep on shooting. I'll be sure stop in every once and a while a show off some good ol crazy pics of shooting in NM.

cheers
By PaiN
DemonicScience wrote: I'll be sure stop in every once and a while a show off some good ol crazy pics of shooting in NM.

cheers
I knew there was some reason I didn't like you........ :lol:
By punisher
Expensive this state is and getting worse.
The wifey wants to move and I'm with her.

I'm gonna give this state another year before we decide.
By Sebring_Pop
If it wasn't for family I would be someplace down south in a heartbeat. Tough to leave 6 grandchildren.
By GreggAndrews
Sorry to hear that DS, but you're always welcome here. :)

I agree with punisher. If I weren't so set on staying in CT, I'd be OUTTA HERE.

There are virtually no jobs in CT. I have an interview with Dunkin' Donuts (yay... whoopee...) today.

It's getting hard to do anything in CT unless you want to leech off of welfare. :?
By nvisn
DemonicScience wrote:I just found out that Sikorsky is in all out hiring freeze
They are to busy spending thousands of dollars on the Blackhawk "Statue" in the front of the building. They apparently build it as a monument to their layoffs.
By punisher
This is why I have to buy a house in this state. It's just out of control and the working people are getting royaly f$$$ed with no relief in sight.
By GreggAndrews
This is why I have to buy a house in this state. It's just out of control and the working people are getting royaly f$$$ed with no relief in sight.
On a side note, I can corroborate your story. There were two other applicants for the job that were there for the interview.

One guy was a retired teacher that NEEDED another job. The other was a lineman that had been laid off several years ago.

Well, there goes that opportunity...
By MessEleven
GreggAndrews wrote:Sorry to hear that DS, but you're always welcome here. :)

I agree with punisher. If I weren't so set on staying in CT, I'd be OUTTA HERE.

There are virtually no jobs in CT. I have an interview with Dunkin' Donuts (yay... whoopee...) today.

It's getting hard to do anything in CT unless you want to leech off of welfare. :?
What about law enforcement, Gregg? There's plenty of towns that are hiring.
By 3319
Yeah, East Haven has a bunch as of late.
By GreggAndrews
What about law enforcement, Gregg? There's plenty of towns that are hiring.
Actually Mess, that was my ultimate goal in life. I planned to enlist with the CSP, but unfortunately with the state the way it is I highly doubt they'll be taking on any new recruits for a looong time.

Besides that, who wants to be a townie? :wink:

(Just kidding. Don't kill me Snakeeater, I'm too pretty to die. :) )
By 67malibu
we are actually planning on moving as soon as our kids get through with school. looking at SC but if things dont change we wont get crap for our house and we will be stuck here.

which reminds me I have to look at SC gun laws.
By 3319
I have a coworker that had to completely exhaust his family's savings (6 figures) to bring to the table when their house was sold so that they could move out west to the Dakotas. It's all about how bad do you want out of this messed up State. It was worth over $100k to a coworker to get outta here.
By GreggAndrews
I have a coworker that had to completely exhaust his family's savings (6 figures) to bring to the table when their house was sold so that they could move out west to the Dakotas. It's all about how bad do you want out of this messed up State. It was worth over $100k to a coworker to get outta here.
If I had to move to any two states: It would be either Arizona, or Montana.

Taxes are bullshit high in CT. I had almost $300 taken out of ONE paycheck after working an insane amount of overtime. I actually lost money! I would've made more money LITERALLY working standard time.

Our state is so f*cked up it's really actually kind of funny. A third world nation could buy this state.

And it would PROBABLY be managed better. :x
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!