Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Training related discussions.
By GreggAndrews
I've established myself fairly well in boxing, I'd honestly like to get back into it at some point, however I find myself lacking both sparring partners, and safe areas to do so.

Likewise, I have always wanted to give other martial arts a legitimate try, however I've found that more often than not "professional" instructors are in fact, buffoons.

So, with this in mind... I'm trying to choose a path. I'm willing to give Krav Maga a legitimate try, although any suggestions are always welcome.

I'm no stranger to bumps, scrapes, lacerations, contusions, broken noses/ribs/fingers/egos... as long as the training is worthwhile.
:)
By snakeeater332
Over the years I've studied several combat arts... In High School, I wrestled for 3 years and learned Boxing at the YMCA. In college, I briefly studied Shorin Ryu, Washin Ryu, and Tae Kwon Do. I also started Aikido and Aikijitsu, both of which I continued for 8 years. About 7 years ago, I began studying Krav Maga for about 3 1/2 years. I really liked Krav Maga, but stopped going when my daughter was born, due to time and money.

I haven't really got back it since then, only on and off again at times, but if I did, I'd definitely go back to Krav Maga.
By PaiN
Where is Krav Maga taught in CT ?
By snakeeater332
I used to train with Tom Bacha at his places in Naugatuck and New Haven (which is now closed). He currently has locations in Naugatuck, West Haven, and Stamford:
http://www.kravmagasite.com/
By snakeeater332
By GreggAndrews
Thanks Andy!

Any idea if this stuff is full contact or not? I don't mind a busted nose or concussion as long as I learn something!

If it don't hurt, you ain't learnin'! :P
By Hddreamer
you can also try the fighting fitness in orange ,ct there right on the boston post road
instructors name is john spehar
its worth lookin into
By PaiN
Thanks for the info snake
By snakeeater332
No problem PaiN and GreggAndrews!

Hddreamer, I wasn't aware of the place on Orange. Thanks! I'm sure that there's a bunch of other places where Krav Maga is being taught other than the one's I listed. It has become quite popular recently.

GreggAndrews, when I trained in Krav, we did spar for some of the class with those UFC-type padded but fingerless gloves, but not at complete full speed. We did more bag and pad work than sparring, though.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!