Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By hayes1966
Military Bolt action shoot 4/29 registration starting at 8am.
Three targets, the first gets 13 rounds the best 10 count for score. The other two get 10 rounds each. You have 10 min to shoot each target with a 2 min rest between targets. 3 person teams. Bring two friends or team up with whoever is there. Trophies given to the high shooter and the top 3 teams. Sand bags and bipods legal. No machine rests.
By Harry
hayes1966 wrote:Military Bolt action shoot 4/29 registration starting at 8am.
Three targets, the first gets 13 rounds the best 10 count for score. The other two get 10 rounds each. You have 10 min to shoot each target with a 2 min rest between targets. 3 person teams. Bring two friends or team up with whoever is there. Trophies given to the high shooter and the top 3 teams. Sand bags and bipods legal. No machine rests.
How do I register?
By GreggAndrews
I might go to this... hmm...

Are we expecting a sea of AR's, or early-20th century turnboltomatic assault rifles? :wink:
By JohnFH
I should be cleared by 27th, I might actually might be able to make this
By GreggAndrews
I really kind of want to go to this. Seems like it'll be a lot of fun.
By hayes1966
Idiots with National Match AR's show up and kind of ruin it for the guys shooting 1903, Enfields, Mausers etc
By CTSixshot
Ahh-hemm!
The name of the match is Military Bolt Action isn't it? I suppose auto-loaders have bolts, too, but I believe the intent of the match is "Military Non-Auto-Loaders".
IOW, bring your 1903, 1917, 1896, 1898, K31, even your Winchester 94 (didn't the US Calvary have these issued?), Spencer, Trapdoor etc., and leave your M1, M1A, M1 Carbines, AR's, SKSs, etc., home.
By GreggAndrews
Ahh-hemm!
The name of the match is Military Bolt Action isn't it?
Whoops, I made a real derp again. :lol:
By newguy
Ya i am prolly gonna go to this one myself why not
By GreggAndrews
IOW, bring your 1903, 1917, 1896, 1898, K31, even your Winchester 94 (didn't the US Calvary have these issued?), Spencer, Trapdoor
I SOOOO wish I had .50-70 gooberment ammo. I'd have my Springfield out there in a heartbeat. :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!