Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
Hello campers! Another season has arrived and many are itching to drag out those shootin' irons.
We're pleased to announce this year's schedule. And remember, it's subject to change, so you may refer to wlopa.com for date verifications. ALL MATCHES ARE HELD ON SUNDAYS.
This is a great opportunity to enjoy some outdoor match shooting with friends in a relaxed atmosphere with great food. And, Remember, Non WLOPA members are always welcome.

THE .22 PISTOL AND RIFLE SILHOUETTE SCHEDULE :

3/25 yes, that's right, THIS MONTH.
4/15
5/6 canceled, conflict with service rifle shoot
6/10
7/15
8/12
9/9
10/14

TIME: 2:00 - 5:00 P.M.
SHOOTING ORDER: is by infiltration. Every 5 minutes a new shooter is accepted.
EQUIPMENT: Any ,22 rifle or pistol, any sights, scopes. Slings, heavy barrels are O.K.
TARGETS: Standard NRA animal silhouettes for rifle. For pistol, we use bowling pins.
Ranges: 44,66,77,95 yards for rifle. 22/33/44/55 yards for pistol.
CATEGORIES: Benched rifle for juniors and seniors...Standing rifle for adults.
PRIZES: Bragging rights for class winners, satisfaction of competing for all shooters.
Prizes for the kiddies!

FEE: $5.00 / SCORESHEET

MILITARY RIFLE SCHEDULE
5/6
7/29
T.B.A.

EQUIPMENT: SERVICE RIFLE Any service rifle, or modern copy, any country, any ammo, original sights preferred, slings okay.
TARGET: Standard 100 yd. small bore target
RANGE: 100 YD.
COURSE OF FIRE: 40 rd., 4 position, including slow fire (offhand), with rapid fire in Prone/Sitting/Kneeling
INFO: Generally, we run 3 relays, so late arrivals are welcome.
TIME: 2:00 - 5:00 P.M.

And, of course, there will be the ever popular EXPLODING SODA CAN SHOOT following the match.

Food and beverages are available at all matches , including dogs and the ever popular homemade chili!
Last edited by Mopar on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By newguy
Military rifle shoot on May 6th sounds like a plan for me not like i am going to win any contests but it about having fun now isn't it
By Mopar
SR9 - each stage in the .22 silhouette is 10rnds over a generous 5 minutes. It's a fun shoot, so if you went 5:30 once or twice or something like that it's no problem.
By Mopar
I was just entering the dates into my calendar and notice that he has a Silhouette Shoot and a Service Rifle Match scheduled on the same day. That's not possible since they both use the same range, so I will need to check with the organizer and edit the dates when I find out.
By Mopar
There is no Silhouette Shoot on May 6, 2012. The Service Rifle Match scheduled for that day will go on as scheduled.
By newguy
I have dibs on that day for service rifles ya i am going to using old military rifles with my dad but hell it for fun right
By Mopar
It can be done with a boltie, but it's not easy.
Course of fire for Service Rifle is 4 position, 40rnd total.
10rnds standing (offhand) slow fire
10rnd sitting rapid fire
10rnds kneeling rapid fire
10 rnds prone rapid fire.

Slow fire stage is 5 or 10 minutes, I forget. Rapid fire stage is 60-70 seconds if I remember right. Mind you these are fun shoots, not sanctioned highpower matchs. Chances are nobody is gonna care if you run a few seconds over running a bolt.
By Mike-Sid
That sounds like fun. I assume an AR15 would be ok to use for the service rifle.
By GixerJockey
New AR NM and old M1-A Supermatch... Servide rifle matches here I come!

I might have missed it, but I assume that service rifle is 200 yds?
By Mopar
sevice style ARs (iron sights) are fine. Again, it's a fun match, guy shows up with optics on his AR nobody's sending him home, but he's gonna take a load of crap if he DOESNT beat all the iron sight guys. :P

100yrds with reduced targets, Gix. That's all we have at WLOPA.

I do find my self wishing for longer ranges, but I guess it's the price I pay for belonging to a good all-around shooting sports club. We have pistol, rifle, trap,skeet, air rifle and archery. Bar is open on weekends and holidays for cheap drinks after your range time, and 24/7 member access to the other half of the clubhouse. Best of all, plenty of good people belong, and PaiN.
By Mike-Sid
Mopar were you there Sunday? If so I shot a 1911 jam-o-matic and a single six.
By Mopar
No, I didn't make it. After the week from hell at work, then all the work of the CCDL party Saurday evening, I crashed hard and slept 11hrs straight.
Was the turnout good?
By GixerJockey
Mopar wrote: 100yrds with reduced targets, Gix. That's all we have at WLOPA.
Woo Hoo! 100 yards... I'm coming out to claim some wins!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!