Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By hayes1966
Urgent Call to Action for 03/12/2012

We are asking members to please take time to call and email the "Public Safety and Security Committee"
to ask that HB5245 be "moved out of committee". This must be done by 3/13 or this Bill may die in committee. This is the best chance that we have as gun owners to make a difference on the permitting process for future applicants that seek Pistol Permits in Connecticut.
Contact Information via Phone: 860-240-0570
Contact Information for the committee Via email: [email protected] Please take the time to call or email.
By BigKahuna
And done...
By Harry
Done
By LTB45
There should be 100 "dones" in this thread.
By hayes1966
Yes there should be but there isn't !!
By LTB45
Disappointing, considering it only takes a minute or two to send an email that could really make a difference in our state.
By myglimk2
Sent mine in yesterday! :wink:
By LTB45
myglimk2 wrote:Sent mine in yesterday! :wink:
:wtg:
By JohnFH
Sent, but you might want to edit the OP so people know what this bill is about.
By LTB45
My Email.
Took me 2 minutes to compose:

Public Safety and Security Committee

I request that HB5245 be moved out of committee.

This bill is not something that should be voted down party lines!
This bill is just looking to make the STATE permitting process UNIFORM across the entire state.
All of you should realize that this is a good thing for the state.

Why should your constituents be subjected to anything more than the state requires during this process.

Please vote to move it on!

Thank you,

Leonard Benedetto
Stratford Resident

Vice President
CCDL, Inc.
www.ccdl.us
By Mopar
Anyone who HASNT called or email yet, PLEASE go ahead and do it. It appears there is STILL time. Today was supposed to be the last meeting of the Public Safety and Security Committee for this session, and HB5245 is NOT on today's agenda. However, it appears they have added another committee meeting to the calender, one that was not there earlier this morning. Public Safety and Security Committee will be meeting again on Thursday March 15th to JF more bills, so we still have a chance.
By Mopar
Oh, and for those who don't know, this bill is
AN ACT CONCERNING THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A TEMPORARY STATE PERMIT TO CARRY A PISTOL OR REVOLVER.

To specify uniform criteria for an application for a temporary state permit to carry a pistol or revolver.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/TOB/H/2012HB ... R00-HB.htm
By magneton44
Emailed appropriate contact..DONE
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!