Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By sigequinox
Howdy all! Recently moved to CT from the liberal sinkhole that is Long Island. Been shooting since 2008--so relatively new.

I look forward to meeting some of you at the range and around the boards.
By Mike_Diako
Welcome :D
By Mike-Sid
Welcome. You went from one liberal state to another! What part of CT do you live in?
We seem to manage well here in spite of all the bullshit.
By myglimk2
Welcome! 8)
By sigequinox
Mike-Sid wrote:Welcome. You went from one liberal state to another! What part of CT do you live in?
We seem to manage well here in spite of all the bullshit.
haha, yeah, however, this is a step up for me! (ccw, normal mag capacity, NFA goodies,etc)

...Right in the middle, to the appropriately named "Middletown" Just a few minutes from Hoffmans :D anddd BMG, andddd not too far from Cabelas, anddd theres a gunstore right down the street from my job in Milford ::sighs of relief and happiness::

...Yeah, CT's BS aside, at least you don't have to deal with the likes of overzealous DA's (google Kathy Rice and nassau county gun store busts) and mayors that change the laws to elect them to additional terms of office ( reference mayor bloomturd)--his name is not capitalized in error but in disgust. Then there is the 6months to a year wait time on handgun license turnaround time, neutered magazines and a public that is so naive to guns that you almost can't blame them for the way they feel. :alright:
By Mike-Sid
NFA!!! Silencers and machine guns are REAL fun!
By sigequinox
Mike-Sid wrote:NFA!!! Silencers and machine guns are REAL fun!
I can only wish to one day have enough spare cash to convince the misses to let me blow 15k on an automatic weapon...but those are just pipe dreams. but owning enough property to shoot on and being able to own a silencer so your neighbors allow you to live long enough to enjoy shooting on it is a whole other story. My brother has property in upstate NY and it's safe to say when we go up there the neighbors (mostly local farmers) are counting down to the moment we leave to return to the island.
By CTSixshot
Howdy sigequinox.
Just in time for the gala at Meriden R&G on the 24th... See it under the Local Events forum.
By JohnB
welcome...the 24th is a busy day, theres the st judes event at mrg and also a CCDL event at the evening
By GreggAndrews
Welcome to CT!!!
By 3319
GreggAndrews wrote:Welcome to CT!!!
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before.
By GreggAndrews
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before.
Hey, compared to Long Island it's a breath of fresh air... :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!