Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By GreggAndrews
I'll second that, one should have the choice of full auto
Pump-guns kick ass. :)
By sjcolwell2
I agree
By a_sannine
GreggAndrews wrote:I honestly don't mind if a person taps the trigger & rips through half a magazine ONCE.

But an asshole with a braked AR standing the lane over from you, just ripping through magazine after magazine is a nuisance.

I don't even mind someone ripping away with a .22. But 16'' AR's with muzzle brakes are freakin' obnoxious when someone starts tapping that trigger.

(By the way, if you ever see some young asshole slamfiring five slugs into a paper target on the range someday, say "Hi") :lol:
All u have to do is pull ur M44 7.62 x54r l . that will chase any AR out lol.
I did that one time at the high rock range .
By ctkix
I've actually never had a problem there.

I bring all my students there to do the shooting portion of the NRA basic pistol Never have any problems with kids behind the counter (actually, only ever saw one younger guy working there).

They've always been safety conscious and all, but I've always had a fine experience there.

Great rates for instructors as well.

Jonathan
By sjcolwell2
What kinda rates do you get for teaching a class there ???
By kayakdave
ctkix wrote:I've actually never had a problem there.

I bring all my students there to do the shooting portion of the NRA basic pistol Never have any problems with kids behind the counter (actually, only ever saw one younger guy working there).

They've always been safety conscious and all, but I've always had a fine experience there.

Great rates for instructors as well.

Jonathan
ctkix teaches a mean NRA basic pistol. I have been going to Wolfs ever since.

Once had more brass bouncing off my head than I cared for. I just moved over

to the next empty port (it was a Sunday morning)

Hey Jonathan, when we goin shootin?
By sjcolwell2
What do they charge instructors to use the range for a class ???
By GixerJockey
"Fast and Furious" boy is the owner's ner-do-well nephew. He's about the biggest tool I've ever met. I go to Wolf's quite often and the owner, Ray, has been very good to me. I don't need much from the staff so I mostly ignore them. But if party boy tapped me on the shoulder offering "instruction" and asking to shoot my stuff, you can be sure that Ray would hear about it. The kid can barelyr beathe on his own, I sure as hell don't need his opinions on how to make 3" groups smaller.
By RC35
I went to Wolfs the first time a few weeks ago. I wouldn't call the range high tech but all I really need is something to hold up targets. The RO's left me alone and the shooting experience left me satisfied.

The problem was getting in to shoot. My father and I arrived and were first in line while the younger guy behind the counter started processing us... 25 minutes later there were about 10 people standing behind us. He literally walked away in the middle of talking to us to use the bathroom, then he started making coffee.. then someone called and he spoke to them on the phone for 5 minutes. I don't mind smoking in private establishments but to stop and light a cigarette while you're dealing with customers seemed a little off.

I was happy with the range and rules itself but the admin part of the experience could use some refinement. Also is it necessary to force people to initial every single rule on a waiver page that already has my signature? :roll:
By Jason
Call me impatient, but I place a high value on anyone's time, including my own.

How could it take 25 minutes to sign someone in and why would you ever go back??

I continue to be happy with Hoffman's - I went last night with a coworker from England. It was packed, but I had reserved a lane.. within minutes of going to the range counter, we were signed in. Problem with the register... no issue; they just handed me the ammo and ask that I pay on my way out. When we were done it took about 2 minutes to hand back the tray & pay for the ammo.

It was another in a long line of positive experiences.

That said, I want to get an AR and need a place to shoot it. I'm in Middletown and work in New Haven; any suggestions on ranges, other than Wolf's? :)
By dgallag339
Jason wrote:Call me impatient, but I place a high value on anyone's time, including my own.

How could it take 25 minutes to sign someone in and why would you ever go back??

I continue to be happy with Hoffman's - I went last night with a coworker from England. It was packed, but I had reserved a lane.. within minutes of going to the range counter, we were signed in. Problem with the register... no issue; they just handed me the ammo and ask that I pay on my way out. When we were done it took about 2 minutes to hand back the tray & pay for the ammo.

Tactical Arms in Torrington allows the shooting of AR's indoors as long as it is not steel core ammo.
That said, I want to get an AR and need a place to shoot it. I'm in Middletown and work in New Haven; any suggestions on ranges, other than Wolf's? :)
By RC35
Jason wrote:Call me impatient, but I place a high value on anyone's time, including my own.

I'm happy with Hoffmans when I can get a lane. The past couple of times on a weekend were a complete no go for me because the wait was ~2 hours.
By byronb
I went in today to ask if they had any AR's that they sell and the guy said no and then proceeded to say that because I don't have a pistol permit I wouldn't be able to buy one. Which I know for a fact is that any long gun can be purchased from anyone 18 and older with a clear background check. The only good thing is they told me I can take the permit class and go there and rent a gun to shoot at their range.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!