Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By GixerJockey
I'll be there. My father has been a member forever. I'll likely bring my daughter and make a day of it.
By newguy
Mike-Sid wrote:
newguy wrote:When i was there for one they had last fall i didn't see anyone drinking so don't think that a issue.
Must not have seen JohnB and I behind the pile if empties!
But we get there early and shoot, then hit the food and drink. Owning a gun requires a half of brain, good thing cause that's all I got left :lol:

I saw you and JohnB there last year maybe i just missed the pile of cans lol. I went early also to shoot. First hour and 1/2 just me and another guy were only two guys on shooting range
By Mike-Sid
Ok guys, Who's going?? post if your going!

I'm going, will be there early to shoot
By newguy
Me and my father will be there early. We will be the two short fat Italian guys with milsurplus rifles lol
By CTSixshot
I intend to go; this is a regular event for me. I'll be the only one shooting cast bullets out of a rifle, I suspect.
By hayes1966
I will be there to have one of Mike-Sid's beers!
By Mike-Sid
hayes1966 wrote:I will be there to have one of Mike-Sid's beers!
I'll have a special one for you. Maybe one year you will bring a case, with all the profits from your Gunbroker sales.
By hayes1966
I think I have a six pack here with your name on it. Do you like dark beer?
By Mike-Sid
hayes1966 wrote:I think I have a six pack here with your name on it. Do you like dark beer?
Anything but Guiness or that stale IPA you give me.
By newguy
Tell ya nothing better then Bass I have like 2 each year but I really enjoy them when i have them
By GreggAndrews
Alright, I'm definitely considering going to this. It's out of my way... but hey.

What more can you ask for? It's a GREAT cause... and cheap range time. :wink:
By hayes1966
Greg, just leave the ex girl-fiends bra at home.
By Mike-Sid
hayes1966 wrote:Greg, just leave the ex girl-fiends bra at home.
What??? :?
By Hddreamer
Byob???? Really????
Come on guys there's a time and place for everything drinking and shooting guns isn't one of them
A lot of clubs don't tollarate this at all as a matter of fact most have a posting saying that if any one cought drinking and shooting will be thrown out of there club no questions asked !
And to top it off your inviting kids up there ! Grant it they are with there parents but we all know how kids could get in the wrong place at the wrong time
Ok so you say well that's the parents falt then well who Evers falt it is would you be able to live with yourself if it was you that pulled that trigger?
I understand everyone wants to have a good time but to me that sounds like a lawsuit just waiting to happen
To me that's just crazy to allow booze and guns at the same place and same time
I myself will pass on going to this event and just send a check into st. Jude like I do every month
This is one of the reasons why there's less and less clubs and less and less places to go shoot .
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!