Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By xring
I'm curious about gaining membership to clubs in the state. Since a lot of you belong to a lot of different clubs, I'm curious how easy it is to get in your club. Do you have open membership, closed membership, a membership cap, or a waiting list?
By AgentP
Metacon Gun Club in Simsbury. Has a 750 member limit. But there is a waiting list you can get on. There has been a little chatter about expanding it. Not sure if or when that will happen. I've been a member for around 7 or 8 years. I was on the waiting list for 18 months. But a few years later there was no waiting and now it's back to waiting. So it comes and goes. Good luck.
By sjcolwell2
I'm a member at Marksman and there is a 250 member limit right now with 24 people on the wating list , maybe half of them will become members this year it depends on how many people don't pay there dues.
I'm also a member at the Hartford Gun Club and there is no waiting.
By LTB45
SR9 wrote:As far as I know WLOPA is accepting members. Follow the link in my signature line for some info. Great club!
We vote in new members at the monthly meeting and I have never been to a meeting where we did not add a couple of new folks.
So yes the membership is still open.

Most of the CCDL Executive Members are members and shoot regularly there.

WLOPA is a great club.
By Arby238
I belong to Niantic. there is a 750 member cap. I think they have reached the cap and there is a waiting list.
By Mopar
LTB45 wrote:
SR9 wrote:As far as I know WLOPA is accepting members. Follow the link in my signature line for some info. Great club!
We vote in new members at the monthly meeting and I have never been to a meeting where we did not add a couple of new folks.
So yes the membership is still open.

Most of the CCDL Executive Members are members and shoot regularly there.

WLOPA is a great club.
Agree that WLOPA is a great club. Membership is open now, but they will cap it if it goes too high.
By JohnFH
Would WLOPA be interested in a new member that is an RSO/instructor?
By Mopar
John, I'm sure they would love to have you.
By LTB45
Mopar wrote:John, I'm sure they would love to have you.
Remeber Chris, he would have to be voted in. 8O

You know how many people that we vote NO on. :lol:
By JohnFH
Well I woukld like to come visit and meet a few folk before making a final decision.
By Mopar
JohnFH wrote:Well I woukld like to come visit and meet a few folk before making a final decision.
Sent you a PM.
By BigKahuna
I Went to the Hartford Gun Club this morning. Membership is still open, and they are temporarily waiving the $150 initiation fee.

Just an FYI.
By MessEleven
Hi guys...new to the forum with a question about WLOPA. I live fairly close, in Southbury, and the site makes the club look great. But are family memberships ever offered either at WLOPA or elsewhere? My wife and daughter are also shooters, and the thought of laying out three times the initiation fees is a bit daunting.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!