Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By tom941
That's what I'm thinkin hayes1966, think I'll give it a shot....thanks for posting the app.
By Hddreamer
Don't want to burst any bubbles but when I got my application it said they wouldn't accept copy's of applications also the reason for accepting applications in December is so they can let the insurance company know how many members they have and that's how they get charged
Don't get me wrong you got nothin to loose by filling out the app but if you drive by and see the left side open ( club house side ) when facing the gates I would just go and talk to some of the guys that have been there for a while and ask them there a bunch of good guys they will set you on the right track about how to get in
Good luck !
By hayes1966
Several people have already signed up this year with an application form from several years ago. A previous person who ran the application process told me they accepted memberships in December and January so they didn't have to keep getting the badge making machine out but they still took them.

This membership is a social membership, your dues pay for the stocking of the pond for the 80 or so regular members :)
By tom941
Thanks for the info, guys. I stopped at the club last fall and was advised to return Dec/Jan, but family obligations prevented me from doing so. I took a chance and mailed app. and check a few days ago...we'll see what happens,
but hopes aren't too high on this one.
By Hddreamer
Good luck Tom hope ya get in bunch of good people there !
By 05roadking
I had no problem with the application I got here from hayes.
By tom941
Well, got my check returned yesterday with a note saying that 2012 membership is full. My fault, I snoozed so I loozed, lol. Thanks for everyone's input. Hope to stick around and chat on other topics...Tom
By resinator
:D I am a full member there and the social membership was revised a few years ago with setting up a social membership committe. There were so many applications and a few mishaps that it is now closely supervised. When you apply for a membership at the 1st of the year, they will hold your application until they see how many regular members renew before they accept any new members. You also have to be a member of the NRA.

Hope that helps.

:roll:
By tom941
Understood, resinator. While disappointed, I'm all for rules that allow things to run smoothly for the members. Probably give it a try next Jan.

Thanks for the info.
By Hddreamer
hey resinator
how do you become a full member i would really like to become one but cant get an answer from no one yet
please let me know
THANKS !
By j-rad
Will anyone be there this Sat for the safety meeting? I'm a new member and will be attending.
By Hddreamer
i will be there 8)
By gdmarquis
Where is the safety course being held? Do you have the address?
By tom941
Were you guys contacted by New Departure after sending your app? Sent mine in about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.
By Hddreamer
I know 3 people that sent in there checks all got letters telling them what time to go and where best thing to do is write them a letter or if you can get there number give them a call , they may have filled up the spots not sure
Also they have a second day for there Saftey course that might be for spots that didn't renew in time and might be avalible for new members you'll have to do alittle investigating that letter may still be comming to you
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!