Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
Hey everyone, just got back from a deployment that seemed like forever. I remember last year me and acouple of buddies went up to Meriden for an open event and had a blast. I recently bought a Sig 1911 and a little P22 to plink around with. Ive only been shooting up at hoffmans recently but it would feel great to take out all my toys again.
By GreggAndrews
J, welcome stateside & thank you for your service!!!

Anyway, it seems like Harwinton Rod & Gun holds mini combo matches publicly every couple of months or so (shotgun/pistol rifle/pistol, etc.). Actually, in the "Action Shooting" category, a lot has been posted and these events are 99.9% of the time open to the public.

I've been to a few, and they are a LOT of fun. :)
By magneton44
Welcome Home!!

By hayes1966
Welcome back and thank you!!

Meriden Rod and Gun Club holds an event in March or April for St. Judes. I will post some info once I hear anything.
By J
hayes- that was the one we went to last year. That event was great and the food was even better. I know ill definitely go and I can get some guys from work too go again too. This time ill remember to put the right barrel on my shotgun to shoot some trap. I forgot I had my slug barrel on.
By CTSixshot
Welcome home and thank you.
There's limited activities at most clubs outside, but weekly shoots are going on at indoor venues (all open to the public):
Chris' Indoor (Thursday evenings)
Branford Gun Club (Wed eve/Sunday AM)
Bridgeport Shooting Range (Tues eve)
Silver City (Meriden) .22 plates
New Haven Sportsmans (Fri Night Plates)
Metacon (Simsbury)...
...are a few.
Most members here will post activities as we see them.
Swap Meet Bozrah R&G Sat. 18 Feb 12 0900 hours $1, etc...
By punisher
Thanks for your service and commitment to our country. My family and i apreciate everything you guys do that most are not willing to do.

MOS 3521 Motor Transport
USMC 8 years.
By resinator
:D Go to www.silvercitygunclub.com for a list of .22 plate matches, pictures and videos......Also a bullseye and rifle team club.

Membership available..

..................... :roll:
By GixerJockey
Chantry wrote:New Haven Sportsmens CLub in Guilford has a plate match every Friday night:

http://www.nhsc-fnp.com/
Certer fire pistol this Friday! Can't wait.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!