Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By Mopar
I'm a certified RSO and unless I was REALLY hurting for money there is no way in HELL I would work a public range on weekends for $13/hr.
By newguy
Especially now since i am single have no kids and really not much of anything to do but fish or shoot abit on weekends my weekends are kinda boring would give me something to do and put 150 cash in my pocket . My weekends in summer only consist of 3 things camping fishing shooting and sleeping. Money wouldn't be most important thing to me just be something to do.
By LTB45
Mopar wrote:I'm a certified RSO and unless I was REALLY hurting for money there is no way in HELL I would work a public range on weekends for $13/hr.
You spend most of your weekends at the range anyway.
See you this weekend?? LOL!!
By sjcolwell2
Its hard to say what I'd do. 13 Dollars is kinda low balling it, but when you think about it you only have to work for like 5 hours then the range is all yours. It would pay for your ammo, to say the least.
By Mopar
Dunno what the RSO to shooter ratio is there, but being a good RSO requires a prolonged high level of attention, even on a private range where you generally know all the shooters and know they are safe. I've heard some real horror stories from RSOs on public ranges. Remember, you are responsible for keeping everyone on the range safe from the idiot who isnt safe. You're constantly watching everyone and everything.
I do it for free, but it's a private club, and it's on my schedule. I don't have to go 5hrs straight if I dont want to.
I don't think I would do it on a public range for less then $25/hr, and even that's pushing it.
By sjcolwell2
I see your point, back when I shot there , there were a crap load of idiots there that constantly did some really stupid stuff over and over again.
By newguy
Ya i think Rapid firing would be the big thing No offense to people with AR's but seems there always some moron with a AR pulling the trigger like a madman being yelled at. I never fired a AR but it seems like it pretty easy to get out of control with the trigger
By sjcolwell2
Yeah I agree with u on that one, I've seen it a few times. I don't understand why people need to go through three hundred rounds in 5 mins at a full range. I've got an AR and I sometimes like to rip a few quick ones through it. But I always make sure i'm the only one around. But it's never more that five or six rounds.
By GreggAndrews
I was always the dick that would rip through an entire (10rnd.) magazine with my 995... PCC's are so much fun.

Then again, I'd usually only do it once & be done with it. :P
By sjcolwell2
Once in a while is fine , but like 10 thirty round mags as fast as you can pull the trigger is nuts, half the time when i'm at the range with the guys we end up only shooting like forty rounds though our AR and talk the rest of the time.
By GreggAndrews
I honestly don't mind if a person taps the trigger & rips through half a magazine ONCE.

But an asshole with a braked AR standing the lane over from you, just ripping through magazine after magazine is a nuisance.

I don't even mind someone ripping away with a .22. But 16'' AR's with muzzle brakes are freakin' obnoxious when someone starts tapping that trigger.

(By the way, if you ever see some young asshole slamfiring five slugs into a paper target on the range someday, say "Hi") :lol:
By sjcolwell2
Yeah thats fun too , every once in a while
By Mopar
GreggAndrews wrote: (By the way, if you ever see some young asshole slamfiring five slugs into a paper target on the range someday, say "Hi")
Why, do you know him? :cheer:
By GreggAndrews
DISCONNECTORS SUCK. :twisted:
By sjcolwell2
GreggAndrews wrote:DISCONNECTORS SUCK. :twisted:
I'll second that, one should have the choice of full auto
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]