Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By sjcolwell2
newguy wrote:Let me guess it was the older guy thin with salt and pepper hair who always wearing camo. He given me a hassle there abunch of times. Honestly i think there prices are about 50 to 100 dollars more then other places and really the only two people I will deal with is the heavy set guy or his wife they own the place. If the other guy is in there i normally will just walk right back out. if the owner and his wife aren't there
Actually it was the owner of the store I delt with ( heavy set guy) I think his name is Greg or something like that. I thought i would give the place a shot since they were new but after the hassle I had to go through to return a scope I would never recomend the place to anybody. I usually only go to Riverview Sales in East Windsor and deal with Krys or Dave the owner.
By Drew
Wow..just wow. No need to deal with that with abundant other sources available.

Thanks for the warning
By Hermes
My experience there is similar. I stopped by because I had heard they dealt with lots of military surplus. I was interested in buying 7.62x54r for my Mosin Nagant. I asked a guy behind the counter if they had any, and he basically just pointed to some crates sitting on the ground with $200 price tags on them. I said "I saw those, but I'm not really looking to buy that many rounds" and then he finally grudgingly said that he could sell me 20 rounds for $8. It wasn't an unreasonable price, but getting there felt like I was trying to get him to sell his firstborn child.
By sjcolwell2
Yup
By doug
Wow that's crazy to hear, I have not once had a bad experience there. I had an issue with paperwork for a suppressor and the owner's wife took care of me with no problems. She gave me a full refund and I used it towards a rifle that I bought. I also had Brian's business partner refinish a Colt python for me that had some surface rust and it came out great.
By sjcolwell2
doug wrote:Wow that's crazy to hear, I have not once had a bad experience there. I had an issue with paperwork for a suppressor and the owner's wife took care of me with no problems. She gave me a full refund and I used it towards a rifle that I bought. I also had Brian's business partner refinish a Colt python for me that had some surface rust and it came out great.
Well thats good to hear. At least everybody dosen't get screwed there. I'm just disappointed , I gave the place a shot and they blew it big time.
By x13sandman13x
Another negative for bmg. I have never been brushed off so quickly. I asked if they could order a gun. Greg said that they usually carry them. I asked if they could give me a call when they come in and he told me to keep calling there and the gun will get there when it gets there. Even if they were the cheapest which they arent by far. I would much rather pay for service then get the best deal. I have never been more dumbfounded. A retail store that didn't want money.
By sjcolwell2
I don't get it either !!!
By magneton44
I think they let their EGO get in the way of their common sense.
By sjcolwell2
Apparently ... lol
By ctkix
I must be a special guy or something. Never had an issue there.

Now..... I've argued with the wife before over open carry not being illegal and telling customers that is wrong.......... but outside of that.... I buy from them from time to time.

Jonathan
By sjcolwell2
Thats weird...
By GixerJockey
The place is a hobby for two retired guys who like guns (from Greg's mouth).

They have no prior retail experience, and admitted to me that they don't need the money. ( I was solisiting them for advertising, which they said they didn't need. If you're across the street from the largest, cheapest gun store in the state, you need to advertise... period)

So they basically want to have a huge gun collection housed in a retail enviornment.
By 30_Cal
I know the owner and his family they are good people believe me. My girlfriend went to school with his daughter and I've gone up there a few times to buy ammo and he gave me some excellent deals on ammo and his prices aren't as bad as people are saying. He's big into older military stuff. A lot of the stuff in his shop is from his house lol. He had a barn full of old military jeeps and howitizers its awsome. Form your own opinion and go there for yourself is all I can say. They are good people in my book. Thats all
By fantomas
30_Cal wrote:I know the owner and his family they are good people believe me. My girlfriend went to school with his daughter and I've gone up there a few times to buy ammo and he gave me some excellent deals on ammo and his prices aren't as bad as people are saying. He's big into older military stuff. A lot of the stuff in his shop is from his house lol. He had a barn full of old military jeeps and howitizers its awsome. Form your own opinion and go there for yourself is all I can say. They are good people in my book. Thats all
I doubt that everyone that walks in there receives the family-friend services and prices that you describe....
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!