Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By jamesb
So if you saw my thread you know I was trying my hand at making holsters. Well I did my first one tonight and well I think I have a knack for it. :)

I will be offering custom kydex holsters shortly. They will be OWB or IWB. I just need to work on the IWB clips to make sure they work. You can expect a fast turnaround. Once I have your firearm or purchase the training gun I can get started. Turnaround time should be a few days. I will only take on a few at a time as I do work full time (kydex making is more interesting to me though) and these are a lot of man hours to make. These are completely hand made. The shape of each holster will differ slightly from holster to holster. I am doing it all free hand (minus the straight lines). Prices and more info to follow. I can do different cuts to suit your needs as well. There will be an introductory price for the first few I make, then the prices will go up.

This holster is for my M&P9. Retention is wonderful. Easy to draw, but doesn't move around on me. It feels great and it is only the first one I made.

Specs:

Pancake style OWB/IWB holster
Two different height settings for the 1.5" belt loops
Multiple adjustments for IWB to set up for the individual
Designed with .080 Kydex for strength and durability

Any questions or comments please feel free to post. I would love to hear what you have to say.
By GreggAndrews
8O

HOLY CRAP.
By jamesb
GreggAndrews wrote:8O

HOLY CRAP.
Is this a good thing? :lol:

Tonight I have some more plans as well as already one "order" to do.
By GreggAndrews
Is this a good thing?
Yeah... definitely... good... *awestruck*

Christ, these look better than some factory holsters out there!!!!!!!

NICE JOB!!! 8)
By jamesb
Haha, thanks man. And to think, these were made in my basement.

I pressed one for my knife, but havent' finished that yet. Need to test some stuff out on that one first.

I can't wait to start making these for others. I already have been commissioned for something as well :D
By viola
Damn dude, those came out great!
By hayes1966
viola wrote:Damn dude, those came out great!
+1
By jamesb
Thank you guys.

I've gone over some stuff and want to post a price list. I think there is a real value in these holsters. My high standards and the quick turnaround I think will be a big plus. If for whatever reason you do not like it when you receive it, I will offer a full refund.

Each holster will be made by myself from beginning to end. Once the basic forming is done, everything else is done by hand. No two holsters will be exactly the same. If there is something specific you want or out of the ordinary let me know. Maybe we can figure out a way to get it to you.

The standard OWB belt holster is setup for 1.5" belts or smaller. I will eventually offer clips for 1.75 belts. Also standard, is the high back sweatguard. This not only makes it more comfortable to wear, but also aids in quick, easy reholstering. You can order that with or without. Also cant can be 0 or 10 degrees. 10 Degrees is about what is shown in the photos.

Average turnaround from begining to shipping is 5-7 days*.

*Exceptions will be if I need to order a training firearm for molding. This will add on a few days depending how fast I can get it to me.

All prices are shipped Priority Mail in the USA.

Introductory Pricing:

OWB Holster: $65
OWB Holster w/ Light: $75
Single Mag pouch: $35
Double Mag pouch: $40
Knife sheaths: $ Depends on size. Contact for quote
IWB Clips: $TBD

Prices are for either Coyote Tan, Black, or Combo (Black and Tan) holsters. Other colors will be extra.

I will only be able to make holsters for those guns I own, can borrow, or can purchase the blue training gun for. If I have to order or borrow a gun for the mold, it will add extra time to making it. Mag pouches the same thing. If I can't buy or borrow mags for that particular firearm or it is something very odd I will not currently be able to make it.

I will also be offering kydex pouches for flashlights and Gerber/Leatherman multi-tools.

Thanks all for everything!

Having not done any testing yet for IWB I will not offer that currently. I need to see what works and what doesn't.
By magneton44
Geez James, your a freaki'n artist... Not that I'm any expert, but those are very impressive :!:
By JohnB
james.. i'll talk to you about a cpl of knife sheaths
By Y3V
Animal.
By GreggAndrews
Already done :wink:
By GreggAndrews
I'm also thinking of a few ideas to run by you for some custom stuff... Maglite mounts, etc. Hell, entire rigs! Right now I'm tooling up leather for a Maglite scabbard, but Kydex would make it possible to actually mount a light to a rig, etc. Way too many ideas for me to post at once on here LOL.

There is a LOT of potential here... :twisted:
By jamesb
I tried a dual mag holder and it didn't work out as I planned. Need to try again on that one. That is actually harder than the pistol holsters IMO. I also molded a single PMag belt pouch as well as a single pistol pouch I need to finish.

There is no way I can churn these out at a rate to make me lots of money. It is fun to see what I can come up with.

I was bummed when the dual mag holder didn't work out, but I did just start this yesterday.

Then my dad came down stairs and asked about a sheath for his pocket knife. He keeps it in one of those pouches with a velcro enclosure. Figured what the hell.

This is what I came up with :)

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!