Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Shooting the old style way
By MadSmith
Got an interesting customer request for an 'anti-pirate' gun. Basically, a muzzle loading black powder pistol shotgun with a 2 inch bore...

Anybody got any info as to the legality of this thing? It's bigger than a 40mm grenade launcher! 8O

I assumed it would fall under NFA SBS rules but for the 'black powder' and 'muzzle loading' parts, and what I could find of CT statues regarding these were less than enlightening.

So, is a muzzle loading black powder blunderbus legal in CT, and if so, does it require SBS paperwork?
By JohnFH
If it's muzzle loading pistol it's a muzzle loader, follow appropriate rules/laws, caliber doesn't change it's status.
By GreggAndrews
Therein lies the beauty of muzzleloading. NFA need not apply (however, I believe that they can still be AOW's, IIRC). :)

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting ... t104503680

You can buy this thing as if it were a piece of candy...

I'd think you're good to go. Black powder cannons are legal... :twisted:
By JohnFH
do not get me started on cannons :D
By MadSmith
This will quite literally *BE* a hand cannon.

Just want to make sure I don't wind up inadvertently in AOW territory..
By JohnFH
you did it, you got me started on cannons....

as long as you shove it all down the barrel all sorts of legal fun can be had, and Goex 2F smells sooo much better than substitutes :D :D

And the big cloud of white smoke, did I mention that? and and and........

if you load it with newspaper it makes confettie an lots of noise :)

see what happens when you get me started
By GreggAndrews
Hell, my friend's father builds cannons. He put together this little 1 pounder that will rattle the neighbor's of your neighbor's neighbor's house some three blocks away. :D

MadSmith, you are going to have fun with this build. As long as it's not disguised as anything else (perchance, to look like a pen, etc.), you should be OK.

as long as you shove it all down the barrel all sorts of legal fun can be had, and Goex 2F smells sooo much better than substitutes Very Happy Very Happy
Eggs? Anyone? :)

if you load it with newspaper it makes confettie an lots of noise Smile
Ditto with loosely balled up tinfoil. Except for some reason it turns it into a nice flamethrower. :lol:
By hayes1966
JohnFH wrote:do not get me started on cannons :D
There is a new show on the tv about some gunsmith, last night they started to build a bowling ball canon from an oxygen tank. I didn't see the final product but would be interested to hear if anyone here has a cannon.
By GreggAndrews
Ehhh... close enough I suppose.

Just needs to be louder... and more smokey. 8)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!