Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By CTSixshot
Several folks up at Branford Gun Club are also members at Guilford, but you'll have to go up for their Wednesday evening or Sunday shoot and make some inquiries.
From what I heard, Guilford is a bit rich fee-wise.
By Drew
Yeah It's pricey especially the initiation but you can spread it out. They also offer quite a bit beyond shooting. For me firearms/outdoor related stuff is also somewhat of a side business and joining the right club is the cost of doing business to a degree. Thats why this choice is taking me a while.
By Drew
Well if all goes well Jan 12 I will be a member of GSA. I was lucky enough to inquire while they had a bit of a pricing special going on for folks willing to pay initiation and dues in full up front. 200 yard range was a big driver.

I must admit though based on comments here the WLOPA looks like it offers a lot more in the personal fun factor.
By sikocycles
Drew wrote:Well if all goes well Jan 12 I will be a member of GSA. I was lucky enough to inquire while they had a bit of a pricing special going on for folks willing to pay initiation and dues in full up front. 200 yard range was a big driver.

I must admit though based on comments here the WLOPA looks like it offers a lot more in the personal fun factor.
Me too!
By Drew
Excellent!! That means I will almost know someone.
By sikocycles
Drew wrote:Excellent!! That means I will almost know someone.
I guess we will know on the 1/12 meeting.
Good luck. Seems like a very nice club.
By Mopar
Drew wrote:I must admit though based on comments here the WLOPA looks like it offers a lot more in the personal fun factor.
+1
By Drew
sikocycles wrote:
Drew wrote:Excellent!! That means I will almost know someone.
I guess we will know on the 1/12 meeting.
Good luck. Seems like a very nice club.
I just got the word I am good. Are you one of the three also?
By sikocycles
Yes I am also in. Now I just have to write the check.
By Drew
I decided to get it done yesterday. Signed the dotted line, handed over a check and got my key and window sticker.
By sikocycles
Did you pay the December rates or the January rate early?
By Drew
sikocycles wrote:Did you pay the December rates or the January rate early?
I had to pay a little more for going in early. I think it was like thirty something bucks. Was hoping to shoot this week while Im on vacation. Life had a different plan
By sikocycles
I will probably do it at the 1/12 meeting or the weekend after.

Pretty excited to start shooting there. Just hope I use it enough.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!