Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Shooting the old style way
By JohnFH
ok, where can we get cannon balls :D
By GreggAndrews
Wait, this is cool.

And if my rig works, soon I'll be able to smelt scrap iron. 8)
By Mopar
My dad recently retired from competing in this. Their semi-annual national events down in Winchester, VA are a sight to behold. In the past I'd thought a little about joining a team here in CT, but didnt give it a lot of thought because A: it's fairly expensive start up unless the unit has loaner gear (you must have full, historically correct and n-ssa approved uniform and shooting gear), B: it requires a fair amount of commitment and travel; and C: My dad is in NJ which competes in a different region then CT does, so we'd only shoot on the line together at the nationals.

Last time I looked it was a little tough to even figure out if there was a team nearby. See, each team "recreates" a real civil war regiment. USUALLY they pick a locally mustered unit; ie the 11th NJ Volunteers is based out of NJ, but technically that doesnt have to be the case. A team named after a CT unit can technically be located anywhere in the country. Many of these teams have a modern history going back 25-35yrs, and some team mambers going back almost as far, so in general they arent very internet savy. Many teams dont have a website, and if they do, it looks like it hasnt been updated since 1996. If anyone decides to follow up on this, I'd love to have a better idea of what's going on with the N-SSA here in CT.
By JohnFH
I need a cannon so bad
By JohnFH
Yeah, I have it book marked, as soon as I win the lottery
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]