Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Action Shooting
For those of you who may be interested, the Northwest Connecticut Rod & Gun Club in North Canaan, CT is hosting a 3-Gun Assault Course (Centerfire Pistol and Rifle/Shotgun) on Sunday 10/02/11 at 10:00am, with no sign-ups after 10:15am. There is a $10.00 entry fee and 50% Payback. No rifle caliber larger than .308 and NO steel core bullets for rifles.

According to their event calendar, the round count looks like 75 rds pistol/rifle and 25 rds birdshot 7,8,9.

For more information contact:
Brian Faedi 413-229-3631 or Dave Mahoney 860-738-7715

For additional information and their schedule, see their website - http://www.northwestctrodandgun.org/pistol.html
By snakeeater332
I'm hoping to attend this match! Anyone else going?
By GreggAndrews
Hmm...

I *might*... 8)
By snakeeater332
Only another day and a half....anyone else going to compete in this match?
By Tank
I'll be making the drive up there. It's still going on correct? Wasn't sure if they were worried about rain.
By snakeeater332
I'm hoping that it's still on. I don't know anyone up there and I haven't called to check. The weather forecast that I saw said that showers weren't expected until the evening on Sunday, and the sun is now shining down here in Milford, so I'm hoping it's a GO!

If it looks iffy, I'll try calling tomorrow morning to double check.
By GreggAndrews
I'll definitely see if I can be there! :D
By snakeeater332
Had a great time today!  This shoot was organized and well run.  There were a total of 13 shooters with 3 stages set up - rifle, shotgun/pistol, and pistol. It was a lot of fun!

When I woke up at 6:30 this morning, I didn't know if the match was gonna still be held because it was still raining pretty good.  By 7:30, the sun was poking it's head through, so I made the trek up to North Canaan from Hamden.  I'm glad I did! 

It was nice to see GreggAndrews and some others again and to meet some new people as well.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!