Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By djmiked
Shooters: This Sunday July 3, NECPL will be having a shotgun match at Metacon Gun Club in Simsbury. We will be using mostly all steel plates, some will require being knocked over like the Texas Star and plate racks and some will require being only hit. All steel will be set at a MINIMUM of 10 yards from the shooter. At 10 yards a gun with a cylinder bore or open choke may not be able to knock a plate off the Texas Star so if that will be the type of barrel you will be using I would suggest bringing at least a #6 shot of 3-3 ¼ dram with 1 1/8 oz shot. I am not sure even that will work as I have not tried it. All others using a choked barrel of Modified should have no problems with 7 ½-8 shot in a 2 ¾-3 dram with a 1 1/8oz load. There will be 5 classes of guns 5 rounds or less for pump and auto 6 rounds and more for pump and auto Magazine fed guns No restrictions on sights or loading devices. There MAY be some movement so keep that in mind for ammo retention and it will be AT LEAST one run on at 30+ targets. There may be some clay birds. Match start time is 11:00am
By xring
Did this match go off as planned? I had the car loaded up and was leaving when the rain started. I checked the weather and thought that the rain could come and go for a good part of the afternoon so I didn't go. Sounds like it would be a real blast and I would have liked to have shot it. Next time...
By djmiked
Yes it did. Most matches at Metacon will usually not be cancelled due to rain. There is an overhang that is used in the event of rain so the shooter does not get wet. The only time a match is cancelled there is if the range itself is flooded (range sits in a flood plain) or the rain is torrential thus making it difficult to reset or score targets.

You missed a good match. I believe there were about 38 shooters (give or take).
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!