Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

C&R Related information.
By jkysmrf
Anyone seen any inexpensive SKS's?? I've seen them as low as $249 in shotgun news, but has anyone else seen good deals out there??
By brian83
The ones on AIMsurplus have been degunked, refinished, and have new barrels...might be worth the extra 120 bucks to not have to put your rifle stock in the oven and clean all that cosmoline off.
http://tinyurl.com/5uo5t6u
By Drew
wow if thats page is representitive of what they have thats the nicest I have seen
By brian83
Yeah, if that's all true and a representative sample, I would go that way. My Yugo looks that nice because I spent hours and hours degreasing it and hand refinishing it, nowadays I would pay someone else to do it.
By SR9
I have purchased ammo from AIM and they seem like a good out fit to deal with.

I paid $350 for my Yugo SKS locally (before I got my FFL03) and it is like the picture. Came ready to shoot and was sighted in very nicely. In March I was hitting bowling pins at 100 yards with it.

The good SKS seem to be in the $300-$400 range today, a far cry from what they were even a few years ago. If you are patient you might find a really nice one for less. Depends on what weather you are looking for a shooter or a collectable.

I want to add a Russian SKS to my safe but nice ones are getting harder to find and cost more.

Good luck, hope you get a nice one.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!