Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
Well, here it is... Since the previous attempt to make this happen unfortunately fell through, let's see who's still interested in doing this? I'd like to see a nice social gathering of forum members getting together, sharing their love of firearms and the shooting sports, and putting faces to our screen names...and, of course, showing off our 'toys'!

I do not belong to a club, but I'd be willing to help organize and run an event, even though I've never done something like this. I'm looking to see who may be still interested, who can contribute, and any possible suggestions that could make this happen, hopefully between now and say October or November. What do you guys think?
By snakeeater332
And, by the way, I'm not trying to step on any toes here...I just thought that this was an excellent idea from the get-go and would like to see it happen. If anyone wants to take the reins and run with it, feel free to do so. I'll help in any way I can.
By Rbadbadger
I'm down. Where are most of you fellows located anyways? I'm In Torrington, Northwest corner
By GreggAndrews
I'm definitely interested in a group shoot. Nice way to meet a few people, and touch off a few rounds.

Rbadbadger, I'm not that far away from you. I'm in podunk Barkhamsted. :lol:
By JohnB
id be up for a fall meet..if we cant get a place to shoot..theres always one of the club meets we could semi use..like meriden rod and gun clubs fall cast and blast, just an idea ($10 per person, use of range..all you can eat food)
By Rbadbadger
Yeah definitely! I'm down. Don't got much but some .22s a glock and a mosin. but hey, who cares!!
By PLO231
I'm in!
By hayes1966
The CCDL normally has a picnic in the fall at Wolcott Landowners Association. That might also work.
By Mike-Sid
JohnB wrote:id be up for a fall meet..if we cant get a place to shoot..theres always one of the club meets we could semi use..like meriden rod and gun clubs fall cast and blast, just an idea ($10 per person, use of range..all you can eat food)
The cast and blast is a great time, and a great idea JohnB
By Mike-Sid
hayes1966 wrote:The CCDL normally has a picnic in the fall at Wolcott Landowners Association. That might also work.
Also a good idea, I've never been to WLA but I hear it is a great place
By YeaItsSlo
Would be awesome to find someone with private property to shoot on...
By nyalex98
Preferably where explosive targets are allowed :horse:
By myglimk2
Anyone have property in VT? FIELD TRIP!!! :lol:
By YeaItsSlo
nyalex98 wrote:Preferably where explosive targets are allowed :horse:

exactly!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!