Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By newguy
Do you have to sign up ahead of time for these shoots i just took a look Berlin one not very far from were i am and wouldn't mind giving it a shot and for 10 bucks that a steal
By CTSixshot
Just be there at 0900 for the rifle match...
a pistol plate match follows (~1130ish). Each event is $10 for non-members (it used to be $8 for both!).
By newguy
I just might since it like maybe 10 to 15 min ride from my house. Need to get some time in with my Mauser
By CTSixshot
It's a cold range, so come with the empty rifle cased or with the action open and follow range officer instructions. They will have a safety briefing as well as an intro for new shooters/attendees.
Most shooters use auto-loaders but you and I will be the stubborn ones with our relics. If a shooter has optics, the iron sights get a pin advantage, as a rule. Ask the RO to shoot through, so you can at least empty your magazine instead of only getting two or three shots off, if necessary. Otherwise, you shoot as many rounds as needed until one shooter (two shooters in the qualifiers) gets all five pins down. Bring enough ammo for at least eight relays...maybe more, if you shoot well.
I've got ample Yugo surplus (cheap) if needed.
By CTSixshot
FWIW, my neighbor recently acquired his fathers L-A Marlin in .30-30, so he intends to come and shoot this for his first time shooting ever. That may give a guy like me a chance! Who knows!
He'll be shooting some of my light (115g) cast loads and they will be more than adequate to fell the pins.
By newguy
I got some of those mojo peep sights on my Mauser best investment i ever made since the Yugo is sighted with stock irons for 200 yards cost me 12 bucks for the Mojo sights i recommend anyone who has a old surplus rifle to buy them if you don't wanna ruin a piece of art with a scope takes like 10 mins tops to install Mojo sights Thanks for offer for surplus ammo i have like 150 rounds of the 1950's Yugo stuff and 100 rounds of the M75 sniper Yugo ammo and 400 rounds of the Turkish stuff but think i am gonna leave them at home since Turkish is real hot
By CTSixshot
Fear not!
If you develop a sore shoulder, I'll let you sample some of my Saeco 190 grain cast loads. You should be able to shoot those all day long. (Sorry, I don't have any of the plastic bullets in .323")
By newguy
Sounds good btw if you like to try out my yugo with the mojo sights your more then welcome too i really love the sights. I recommend if you never tired them that you give it a shot
By CTSixshot
Fair enough... I just have to get there. If my neighbor balks, I might not make it. I'll likely have the Hakim or a Swedish Mauser.
By GreggAndrews
Another question: Is there any way I can sight in my HP really quick before the match? The red dot on mine got knocked around pretty badly after a nice drop... :(
By CTSixshot
There's little opportunity to have any range time before the match, so you won't be able to do much unfortunately. I'm not even sure I'll be able to make this match afterall, since I'm without a car now and there's limited to no participation from other New haven shooters. I'm still trying to make some connections though. Mark K (one of the match directors ) will likely be able to assist with a revolver, if I don't make it.
By newguy
Was wondering if they allow u to use hollow point Centerfire rounds i was thinking about it i may be better off useing my Hi Point 9mm carbine or my Hi Point 40 cal carbine for pin shoot as long as the distance isn't too far
By CTSixshot
HP are fine. The 9mm will work on pins regardless of bullet style. Distances are roughly 25 yards, I'm guessing.
By newguy
Ya i thought over using Mauser but i won't beable to work the bolt quick enough So Hi Point 9mm it is. Yes Hi point is ugly as SIN but defently a tack driver that for sure for the 100 bucks i paid used for it
By CTSixshot
Well, that's your call. Bring them both, if you simply want to enjoy shooting pins. If you are after the prize/win, it would make sense to use an autoloader, I suppose.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!