Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By glocks1986
I've sent out my email to all of them! No respOnse yet.
By nvisn
Ladies and Gentlement of the Comittee,

My name is James Keyser of Bridgeport, Connecticut. I was just made aware of "Raised Bill 1094 - AN ACT BANNING LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION MAGAZINES" I would like to point out some of the major flaws in the logic, or lack there of in this piece of legeislation.

This Law – if passed will make felons of otherwise law abiding gun owners in our State. This includes hunters, target shooters and those concerned with the ability to protect their families in these uncertain times.
A comprehensive study by the Centers for Disease Control - hardly a pro-gun entity - looked at the full panoply of gun-control measures, including this ban, and concluded that none could be proven to reduce crime.
Ciminals will NOT line up at police stations to turn in their high capacity magazines. However, they will continue to use their illegal weapons against people such as myself who have been forced to lower my ability to defend myself as I see fit.

History has proven time and time again that gun control measures do nothing to reduce crime; as criminals will not follow the new laws. Only the law abiding citizens do, putting us at greater risk.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Respectfully,

James Allan Keyser
By resinator
Those going to the NRA dinner should ask them what they are doing to help us on this matter........
By Hermes
I actually got a reply to one of my emails (from an aide, but at least someone read the email):

Thank you so much for contacting Senator Suzio with your concerns about
SB 1094. Senator Suzio supports gun owners' rights and does not plan on
supporting this piece of legislation.
By resinator
Has anyone heard any further information on this proposed high capacity magazine ban???

By resinator
:?:
By SR9
resinator wrote:Has anyone heard any further information on this proposed high capacity magazine ban???

Nothing new that I have heard. Got responses from my Reps opposing such legislation.
By resinator
Hi, all ---

Here's a link to the NSSF web page and the latest update on this issue. There are links there to access your state representative's and senator's email addresses as well, if you haven't already.

http://nssf.org/govrel/nomagban.cfm
... :roll:
By Trapper
anyone who is not up to speed on whats been going on with this is probably not getting the Emails form Coalition of Ct. Sportsman.
Go here
http://ctsportsmen.com/

Send a Email and ask to be put on there Email list.
Not only will you Know whats going on but they send out reminders for the latest gun shows and events too.
You should consider being a member too, they will do more for us at the state level than the NRA.
The link in the post above mine is good and sums it up pretty well.
Email the committee members yet to commit to this and let them know you oppose SB 1094. Be respectful and to the point.
The only way this does not pass is if we get enough people to stand against it. THIS IS IT GUYS AND GALS!! The next step will be to ban all semi autos. If you care at all about shooting sports in this state, take 15-30 minutes to email the committee members and let them know you oppose confiscation of our legally owned property.
If you haven't done this yet, but you have time to post on here and BS you certainly have time to do this.
This vote will happen before the 15th of this month.
It may be in days
PLEASE HELP!!

[/code]
By Trapper
[quote="resinator"]:( We need EVERYBODY to send a letter, or email if we want to win. Don't leave it up to the "other guy", because we will loose if you do. If this gets through.....What next?????

Well said!
Heads up if you live in these towns...

The following Senators DO NOT have direct e-mail, you must go through their website constituents have priority.

Senator Gerratana 4th District http://www.senatedems.ct.gov/Gerratana.php Representing Berlin, Farmington & New Britain

Senator Bye 5th District http://www.senatedems.ct.gov/Bye.php Representing Bloomfield, Burlington, Farmington & West Hartford

[/b]
By resinator
:cry: I think the vote is THIS week??????
............ :roll:
By JohnB
from what i understand...if they dont vote by the 14th then it simply dies
By nvisn
JohnB wrote:from what i understand...if they dont vote by the 14th then it simply dies
Close - it is actually the 15th. But you are correct.
By Trapper
This is the latest from Bob Crook.

Judiciary Committee Members Added. My omission. Communicate with these new members on the Magazine Bill! State Representative Joseph Verrengia (D-West Hartford ) [email protected] State Representative James Albis (D-East Haven) [email protected]

Please contact these two individuals ASAP today.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!