Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Competitive Bullseye Shooting, match information, instructor notes and suggestions.
By Franksav
I don't shoot leagues because I work 2nd shift. I have some time off from work so I stoped down to see my friends at the local Wednesday night league. There was hardly anyone there, at one time they cut off entries at 125. Where have all the shooters gone and how can we spark interest?
By hayes1966
Frank,

In the Hartford area the Met Leage runs the show, I know there is another league down in the New London area,(do you have any contact with this league) what is there down in your neck of the woods?

I know last year they had a "Best of the Best" shootout between the Met League and New London and I imagine the same thing might be on for this year but wondered if it might be expanded.

John
By cwlongshot
Lar,
The Bridgport area shootes where also supposed to shoot that match. But couldn't seem to garner enough intrest to attend. HOPEFULLY this year they will. I think its going to be held in Manchester this year...if it can be pulled together.

CW
By hayes1966
Brian,

I know a few guys that shoot in the police league (open sights), does anyone have a complete list of the different leagues etc that shoot in CT?

John
By Butch
Not sure if anyone will respond with a complete list but I'll add a few. I shoot in the summer league at Bell City on Monday evening. This is a 3 gun 900 match and starts at 6:15.
I also shoot in the Metacon summer league which shoots on Tuesday evenings. This is a two gun 600 match.
The Northwest Sportsman's Club has a slow fire revolver match that has been on Tuesday evenings but I'm not sure of the night in 2006. These are all open to the public. If anyone is interested, I can give you contact information.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!