Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By resinator
This was just sent out from Hoffmans. :( .They are also trying to pass a law that we have to register every firearm that we own and then pay a yearly fee. You know what comes after that!!!! Someone standing at your door at 3:00 AM with a list of your firearms. :roll:

We all need to follow up on this and contact all the people that we know, including the NRA. Don't leave this up to the "other guy"...

Connecticut Bill Introduced to
Ban Possession of All Magazines Over 10 Rounds
State Police Prepared to Confiscate Magazines from Homes if Passed
A bill introduced in the Connecticut General Assembly (Raised Bill Number 1094) by anti-gun state Sen. Martin Looney (D) would ban the possession of any magazine (rifle, pistol or shotgun) capable of holding more than 10 rounds. If this bill passes, law-abiding gun owners will have to begin surrendering their magazines by July, or face confiscation by the state police and a felony charge. Again, this proposal would not only ban the sale of these magazines, but would make simple possession a felony. Any gun owner found in possession of any magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds will be in violation of this proposed law, regardless of whether it was legally purchased.

This draconian measure will also affect non-gun owners as all Connecticut tax payers will be forced to foot the bill for the extraordinary process of having police confiscate -- from law-abiding citizens -- the millions of magazines already in the state.

Making matters worse, manufacturers including Colt, C Products, Mec-Gar, OKAY Industries and Metalform will be directly affected by this legislation. That means a loss of jobs and tax revenue to the state.

Arbitrarily limiting magazine capacity and threatening law-abiding gun owners with confiscation and felony charges is beyond the pale. These magazines are utilized every day for home defense and the shooting sports. As part of the 1994 "Assault Weapons" ban, the production of higher capacity magazines was halted. This gun-control strategy soon proved to be a failure. A comprehensive study by the Centers for Disease Control -- hardly a pro-gun entity -- looked at the full panoply of gun-control measures, including this ban, and concluded that none could be proven to reduce crime. Another study, commissioned by Congress, found that bans were not effective since "the banned weapons and magazines were never used in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders."

NSSF is encouraging all gun owners, sportsmen and hunters to contact their state representative, senator and all members of the Judiciary Committee immediately and urge them to oppose Sen. Looney's magazine ban.

To find your legislator, click here.

To contact the Joint Committee on the Judiciary, click here
By hayes1966
These people didn't even read the email I sent.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Your message
To: Sen. Coleman, Eric; [email protected]; Senator
Doyle; Senator Gomes; Senator Meyer; Sen. Kissel, John A.; Sen. McLachlan, Michael; Sen. Roraback, Andrew; Sen. Welch, Jason; Rep. Fox, Gerald; Rep. Baram, David; Rep. Berger, Jeffrey; Rep. Clemons, Charles;
Rep. Dillon, Patricia; Rep. Flexer, Mae; Rep. Fritz, Mary; Rep. Godfrey, Bob; Rep. Gonzalez, Minnie; Rep. Grogins, Auden; Rep. Hamm, Gail; Rep. Hewett, Ernest; Rep. Morris, Bruce; Rep. Olson, Melissa; Rep. Roldan, Kelvin; Rep. Serra, Joseph; Rep. Taborsak, Joseph; Rep. Tong, William;
Rep. Walker, Toni; Rep. Holder-Winfield, Gary; Rep. Wright, Elissa;
zRepresentative John Hetherington; zRepresentative Al Adinolfi;
zRepresentative Christie Carpino; zRepresentative DebraLee Hovey;
zRepresentative Themis Klarides; zRepresentative David Labriola;
zRepresentative Arthur ONeill; [email protected];
zRepresentative John Shaban; zRepresentative Bill Simanski;
zRepresentative Richard Smith; zRepresentative T.R. Rowe
Cc: Sen. Suzio, Len; Rep. Abercrombie, Catherine
Subject: S.B. No. 1094 AN ACT BANNING LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION
MAGAZINES.
Sent: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:29:57 -0500

was deleted without being read on Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:48:20 -0500

By myglimk2
Count me in! :!: :!: :evil:
By nyalex98
hayes1966 wrote:These people didn't even read the email I sent.

was deleted without being read on Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:48:20 -0500

I didn't get a reply like that.
By glocks1986
I just sent all of them an email
By Arby238
glocks1986 wrote:I just sent all of them an email
Me too.
By Y3V
glocks1986 wrote:I just sent all of them an email
Same here.
Ridiculous.
By resinator
:( We need EVERYBODY to send a letter, or email if we want to win. Don't leave it up to the "other guy", because we will loose if you do. If this gets through.....What next?????

:roll:
By SKSMAN
Gonna send mine out today. Is everyone just kind of saying how we oppose it? Should I include anything else other than that? Not that I want to copy what others have said, its just my first time contacted "My" elected officials....

Edit: Punctuation
By hayes1966
In my communication, I pointed to the fact that examinations of high cap mags have no relation to actual crime and that tax payers money would be better spent on our failing education system.
By hayes1966
This is a reply someone else sent out.

"Again it seems that the good citizens of Connecticut are having more of there rights taken away.

Why is it every time there is a tragedy the KNEE JERK happens. You never look at the real picture and what is wrong. The WRONG is not us the WRONG is the Crimes that people do.

Below is my comments towards this bill and again I believe that we have rights. If you take this right away from us as American's
I believe in the Constitution we have fought to keep them and all of you have sworn to protect our Constitution and all that we stand for.

CRIMES HAPPEN EVERY DAY and our laws that are in place do not stop them from happening.

Please OPEN YOUR EYES. There is only a small percent of criminals and there is more of us.
WE the people will protect when there is an event such as the HOME INVASION
You keep taking away our rights and there will be no one to protect YOU...

I Oppose Sen. Looney's magazine ban Bill Number 1094
Subject: Connecticut Bill Looks to Ban All Magazines Over 10 Rounds

State Police Prepared to Confiscate Magazines from Homes if Passed

Raised Bill Number 1094

FACT Number 1
The police are not here to protect us. They only respond after the crime has been committed and allows for the Funeral home to make the money..

When a 911 call is placed the response time for the Police to respond to the call is ten (10) minutes this number is real and is true across the United States. With Tax and economy the Police Departments are looking for ways to cut there expenses. This in mind the Respond time will be longer much longer.

As a concerned citizen and a TAX PAYER, time is to long as it is. When in a situation of a HOME INVASION and we all know about this. It took over an hour in Cheshire, Connecticut. I want my wife to be able to protect her self when I am not home. By giving my wife all the tools to make her safe. This bill will now give the criminals the tools to make there job easier to kill my family and take what they want. Is this what our country wants. Then we are just as bad as the reset of the world.

I want each of you to go home and time TEN MINUTES and Stand in the middle of your home and think WHAT CAN I DO IN TEN Minutes while I wait for the Police to arrive. The Time it takes for a home invasion is seconds that’s right in less than 60 seconds that’s one minute they are in your home. You still have 540 seconds that’s 9 minutes to save your self. If you have the tools to use them let us have them. You’re looking at the wrong things when crimes are committed.

Why are you not going after the auto manufactures for the killings that go on across the United States on the streets and Highways? That’s right Every single car and truck has a speedometer that goes up to 120 to 140 miles per hour….
Oh the LAWS say 65 in Connecticut but yet you see DEATH on the streets by the Automobiles because they can move at speeds of over 100 Miles Per hour…

So the Reasons you have for the High Capacity Magazines will not stop the CRIME

I OPPOSE THIS BILL AND WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR MY RIGHTS TO PROTECT MY FAMILY
I HAVE ALREADY LOST ONE FAMILY MEMBER DO TO A GUN KILLING MY NICE AND I WILL NEVER FOR GIVE YOU STATE OF CONNECTICUT THAT ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN....

THE LAWS DO NOT WORK ... "
By SKSMAN
Wow, that was great. Alright, thanks for the help.
By jkysmrf
Act Now.

Individually, Email each member of the Joint Committee on Judiciary, respectfully explaining that you oppose this onerous legislation. Email addresses of the Committee Members are at the bottom of this note. However, it will be more effective if you email each committee member individually. You can accomplish this by clicking on each member’s id. Then you can enter your text/message. A personal message is preferable or you can use all or part of the text in the message that follows.

I respectfully oppose SB 1094. This is a bill in search of a problem. Despite the recent media attention given to “large capacity” magazines, no correlation exists between the size or arbitrary capacity of a detachable magazine and violent crime. Owners of “large capacity” magazines are not criminals or individuals intent on committing atrocious acts; they are sportsmen or firearm enthusiasts who own the magazines for a variety of reasons, including sport, competition or self-defense. Connecticut already has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, which I support. This law will do nothing to deter unlawful acts by criminals or those who are intent on committing crime. It will however make felons of law abiding Connecticut citizens who obtained their magazines and use them in a lawful manner.

Judiciary Committee Members 2011-12

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected], [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!