Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Action Shooting
By JFranco
Hello everyone. I recently moved here from Ohio... I am a single stack and Limited USPSA shooter... any of that going on in CT???
By CTSixshot
A couple venues do the IDPA shoots: The Hartford Gun Club (East Granby) and Metacon (Simsbury). See http://www.necpl.com/ Harwinton does a less formal version.

For IPSC, I'd say check over at Blue Trails in Wallingford. I'm not sure if they run something along those lines.

Try to contact Randolf on this site, too. He may have something to say being from the Phillipines. It seems as though they are at the top in IPSC ratings.
By djmiked
Hartford Gun Club was doing IPSC matches. I would check with those guys.
By PaiN
Don't forget Chris's Indoor range in Gilford on Thursday nights......that I can never make it too :(
By randolf
Jfranco / like what pain says try Chrisindoor range in Guilford thursday 6pm everyweek, I think I can say that its the only range here in connecticut who regularly held an uspsa style match, although not a formal match , but most of those guys who run the game are IPSC oriented. I heard east granby use to host such game but rarely,
But I would recommend the chrisindoor because they have nice target set up and alot of metal target ( texas star, bianchi plates, poppers, swingers, lots of other moving target, doors, window and other barrier) its indoor so the game is rain or shine,
If you are an ipsc regular we can certainly use your help to give us more idea on set up, we are still new to this sport, IDPA is bigger here in ct IPSC is less popular.
By randolf
By the way pain
Your a private gun club member right??
is there a chance you can Host a game? like what we are doing in harwinton? I mean nothing big but like a small group that you can invite maybe 4-5 people I can help you with set up and I have timer too, maybe we can practice before the next harwinton event.
By CTSixshot
randolf:
Harwinton is rifle/pistol this coming June 21st. You can use my SKS, so don't stay away due to not having a rifle.
By JFranco
Randolf, I would love to give you guys a hand. I have been away for a while, but I sure can refresh my mind fairly quick. I live in New Fairfield though :? So going to any of those places mentioned before is kind of hard during the week... now, weekends, I would go to Arizona if need be to shoot some IPSC or better yet USPSA. I started with IDPA and could get into it again if there is no USPSA. Keep me updated and we can meet in any of those places for some practice!
By J
Didn't want to make another thread cause I know this has been discussed many times, but since I live up by the subase, does anyone know of any competition shooting near the Groton area or maybe RI if its ok for me to bring firearms up there? Is the New Haven and Hartford area the closest ones? Thanks.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!