Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Training related discussions.
By SR9
PaiN wrote:I'm extremely happy with my pick for use as a practice and liberty training rifle. I went with the Marlin 795 and Tech-Sights, this setup is an unreal bargain which out shoots and out handles any stock 10/22 I've ever used.
First total cost: (I found the rifle NIB on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods, the prices include shipping, tax and all rebates)
Marlin 795= $85, Tech-Sights=$75, (2)extra 10r mags=$41, web sling(not in pics)=$15
total= $216

Looks good!
By SR9
equality72521 wrote:Perfect! Now get yourself 1000 rounds of ammo and come out the next Appleseed!

Only recommendation: Make sure you have 4 mags min. AQTs are 40 rounds under time pressure.
1000 rounds? Is that a minimum or ideal?
By equality72521
You know, I might be lying. I can't remember if I went through one Federal Value Pak or two... :lol:
I could swear I went through 2, even through the Appleseed site says only to bring about 500 rounds for both days.

The second day is mostly shooting. The instructors will allow you to shoot until a) the range closes, b) you run out of ammo, or c) you call it quits.
By SR9
ok, I am just going on Saturday so maybe 500 will be enough. I will bring more just in case.

Another question :

On saturday we do instruction and practice, is that right?
Do we qualify for a rank on Saturday too?
By equality72521
All the basic instruction is on Saturday. They will do some instruction, and then you will practice what they taught. You'll have many opportunities to shoot the AQT for score on Saturday. There is only one rank: Rifleman. If you shoot a 210 or better (out of 250) on any AQT, you'll get the coveted Rifleman patch.
Sunday is mostly shooting with some instruction on more advanced topics like MOA and calculating distance. There's more historical perspectives presented on Sunday that are excellent as well. If you get a chance to do both a Saturday and Sunday sometime, both days are worth it.
By SR9
Great, thanks for the info. I am really looking forward to this. Learning new things about shooting is something I really enjoy.

I cannot do both days right now but I am going to asap. The history alone would be of interest to me since I am a history buff over US history. Of course the shooting is fun too.

Hated to miss Colebrook, a couple guys from my club instruct there. Maybe next time.
By equality72521
Check out the updated schedule (first post in thread): a new date has been added for Blue Trail Range on October 30-31! This is going to be CT's biggest shoot to date with a 50-person line.
By hayes1966
Looks like the next one is at the end of the month in Wallingford.

Range: Blue Trail Range

Address: 316 N. Branford Rd. Wallingford, CT 06492

When: October 30-31, 2010

Range Fee: $15/person/day
By equality72521
I try to keep the very first post of the thread up to date with the latest schedule.

Note: The event at Blue Trail at the end of the month is a rimfire-only event.
By equality72521
Some new dates have been added to the CT Appleseed Schedule.
One date coming up soon in November at Hartford Gun club, and some of our first dates for the 2011 season. Check em out!
By fprintf
For those of you who attended the Blue Trail Range Appleseed (pumpkinseed) shoot this weekend, thanks for coming out and helping to fill the line. Good to see you there!

Stuart
By equality72521
Reminder about the upcoming Appleseed at Hartford on 11-21:
This is a rimfire only event. It will be held on HGC's pistol range and will be limited to 25m and .22lr only.
By equality72521
Hey all, Appleseed schedule has been updated on the first post of the thread.
On Feb 26th, we're running two Winterseeds at the same time on opposite sides of the state: Colebrook and Chaplin. No excuse not to get out there as there's bound to be one near you! Unless you're a panzy and the cold weather bothers you.... :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!