Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By pro325
Who knows, besides 22lr, what other ammunition type can be used in revolvers, semi auto pistols, and rifles (including semi auto)?
By myglimk2
Not sure I fully understand your questions?
By mu2bdriver
Neither do I, but off the top of my head I can think of revolvers, semis, and carbines chambered in 38/357, 45ACP, and 9x19.
By CTSixshot
.44 magnum is used in auto load rifles (Ruger Carbine), pistols and revolvers.

.38 Special/.357 Magnum is used in pistol (S&W Model 52/Coonan), revolvers and lever guns. Don't know of any semi-auto rifle applications at the moment.
Of course, .45ACP, 9mm and .40 would qualify since they are used in Ruger Carbines, Marlin Camp carbines, Thompsons, Stens, AR's etc as well as pistols and revolvers.
By pro325
Just to clarify the question, I guess it comes down to ammo versatility.
If i have 22lr ammo I can use in several revolvers, semi autos such as mosquito and ruger 10/22, as well as many other bolt action or lever action rifles.

What other ammo is that versatile was the question, thanks for the info, CTSixshot.
Desert Eagle also makes a 357 semi auto pistol... Pricey, just as the Coonan.

Maybe a poll of which caliber ammo one would pick if you could have only one... And what firearms you'd pick for that ammo...
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!