Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By newguy
DICK ACT of 1902 - CAN'T BE REPEALED (GUN CONTROL FORBIDDEN) - Protection Against Tyrannical GovernmentIt would appear that the administration is counting on the fact that the American Citizens don't know this, their rights and the constitution. Don't prove them right.The Dick Act of 1902 also known as the Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654, of June 28, 1902 invalidates all so-called gun-control laws.It also divides the militia into three distinct and separate entities. The three classes H.R. 11654 provides for are the organized militia, henceforth known as the National Guard of the State, Territory and District of Columbia, the unorganized militia and the regular army.The militia encompasses every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45. All members of the unorganized militia have the absolute personal right and 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms of any type, and as many as they can afford to buy.The Dick Act of 1902 cannot be repealed; to do so would violate bills of attainder and ex post facto laws which would be yet another gross violation of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.The President of the United States has zero authority without violating the Constitution to call the National Guard to serve outside of their State borders.The National Guard Militia can only be required by the National Government for limited purposes specified in the Constitution (to uphold the laws of the Union; to suppress insurrection and repel invasion). These are the only purposes for which the General Government can call upon the National Guard.
By newguy
This basically says the 1994 law was illegal also.
By Hddreamer
You should bring this to the attention of the CCDL I'm sure they can use it in there law suit
By Jason
If you dig deeper, there are a few reasons why not to use it. It's hard to dig deep due to the massive number of websites just reposting it with supportive comments.

Snopes had some info on it and there are some legal views on it out there.

I don't think it's going to help much, unfortunately.
By AFS1970
I wouldn't trust snopes for this kind of information but it is always good to dig deeper and read legal opinions before making such arguments. I have read similar militia designations in state statutes. Now just to play devils advocate does this law allow for the restriction of guns for those over age 45?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!