Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By AGust82
I've been looking in to getting my FFL and starting a very small "kitchen table" business. Anyone doing this? Any tips/advise?
By mu2bdriver
From discussions I've had with others who were considering the same, the town's planning and zoning is usually where the process grinds to a halt.
By Woody
From what I understand, you've got to have a storefront now, if its on your own land(house) the "business" building has to be detached from the house.
They did this to stop people from getying their ffl just to buy class three weapons.
I'd talk to a store and see what they say. Doug from Delta Arsenal would probably gladly help you out. Heck with all the new laws, he'd probably offer to sell you his business!
By bcain
In always hear conflicting stories on the store front thing. From what I hear as long as your town will allow you to have a business from your home you shouldn't have a problem. But your town might have rules for a home business like: no product stored at house, no customers at house, or something that really would limit your ability to have a FFL. I also heard that the ATF local agent should be more than happy to answer your questions for you. I wanted to get mine but my town had the rule of no retail product o be stored at house. I was able to manufactor a product but buy and store an already made product. So I was going to build ar's and sell them. But that's out now since newtown. Good luck if you do try cause right now you can't get guns from dealers.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!