Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By tomharborhill
Same ol confusion..Have a Ruger Mini-14 tactical. Only thing thats a Ct. NO<NO< is a flash supressor. If removed and a muzzle break installed is it still required to be registered as a AW? Was bought a year ago from JGM Arms an FFL dealer and called in by dealer.

Also have a Ruger 10-22 with same thing only flash suppessor. Also considering a muzzle break. Same questions and situation as with my mini.
Will these still be on the ******* NEW FARCE LIST?

Why would a Vietnam Infanrtyman <4th> ,CFP holder for 44 years now be concieved as a threat?

Always thought a vet. was to be respected not suspected.

[/b]
By SR9
The mini 14 is not specifically named as a banned firearm but.... Here are the things that can make an unnamed firearm an assault weapon :

[(A)] (i) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an ability to accept
a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:

[(i)] (I) A folding or telescoping stock;

[(ii) A] (II) Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, [thatprotrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon] a
thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which would allow an
individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger
hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion
of the action of the weapon when firing;

[(iii)] (III) A [bayonet mount] forward pistol grip;

[(iv)] (IV) A flash suppressor; or [threaded barrel designed to
accommodate a flash suppressor; and]

[(v)] (V) A grenade launcher or flare launcher; or

(ii) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with
the ability to accept more than ten rounds; or

(iii) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of
less than thirty inches;

So.... the way I read it a muzzle break is ok. Since the mini 14 has a detachable magazine any ONE of the above features will make it an assault weapon.

Since every reference to assault weapon names only center fire rifles it looks like rim fire is ok as is. Now pistols are another story. A Pardini has a magazine outside the grip and makes it an assault pistol/weapon.

This is what I have found so far but I suggest reading the law yourself in order to make any determinations.

Here is the link : http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494610

Also, IMHO, if you are a veteran, gun owner, Christian or otherwise believe in the Constitution and rule of law applied equally to everyone you are now considered to be in a terrorist or hate group.

Sad state our country is in and it is getting worse every day.

Good luck with your mini 14. I was looking to add one to my safe some time.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!