Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By newguy
I have a question if someone decides to take this to court under the pretense that it is a violation of the state Constitution. Does it put a hold on bill until court case is settled.
By Woody
Perhaps, according to the State, they didn't get it all in time!
"Mike Lawlor, the Malloy administration's criminal justice chief, said that all the sales of assault rifles and large-capacity magazines on Thursday were in vain — the owners won't be able to keep them after Jan. 1.

"The person must prove that the weapon was possessed on the day before the effective date of the bill," Lawlor said in an email. "Today is the effective date."
By jerryd
I hope all who voted for this come down with the CLAP! let them do some more explaining!
By SpaceCritter
Woody wrote:Perhaps, according to the State, they didn't get it all in time!
"Mike Lawlor, the Malloy administration's criminal justice chief, said that all the sales of assault rifles and large-capacity magazines on Thursday were in vain — the owners won't be able to keep them after Jan. 1.

"The person must prove that the weapon was possessed on the day before the effective date of the bill," Lawlor said in an email. "Today is the effective date."
...and that would make it ex post facto. Not to mention, given the sales-up-till-7PM guidance, probably estoppel would apply as well??
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!