Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By hayes1966
We have a situation in the First District, where the Republican candidate for Congress is on record wanting to dismantle the 2sd. Amendment and he stands to get on the ballot unless we can reach out to people who disagree with that.

Please see Miriam Masullo for Congress Site

http://www.miriamforcongress.org/

What we don't want is Scott MacLean

http://www.politicalgateway.com/cand.ph ... &page=cand

Scott MacLean on Gun Control

Gun Control

I came to my position on Gun Control on both theological grounds and on my reading of the Second Amendment.

Theologically

I believe that if the technology existed in his day, Jesus would not have owned a gun. The handgun of his day was the Roman short sword and when Peter cut off the ear of the high priest's bodyguard, Jesus admonished him and told him to put it away. This is why I, personally, do not own a gun.

The Second Amendment.

The second amendment is the only amendment with a preamble which sets the context for whatever comes after. That context is a well regulated militia and it seems to me that a person's right to bear arms exists within the context of equipping the state militia and does not represent the right of an individual outside of his militia responsibilities. Since the requirements to equip a modern state militia have evolved over the years, and they only use the best U.S. military equipment (M-16's,) I can't buy into an argument that is based on an 18th Century example. Unlike the Concord Minutemen, the Connecticut National Guard does not need its members to come to summer exercises each year equipped with the Glocks and Berettas they purchased at Pete's Discount gun shop.

Better Enforcement

I believe we need better enforcement of existing gun laws before we consider new legislation.

High Tech Suggestions

I think new high tech safeguards could keep handguns out of the hands of criminals while allowing law abiding citizens to continue to possess them, i.e. a fingerprint activated gun that will only fire if the fingerprint of the gun holder matches the profile that was embedded in the gun's chip when the gun was purchased. It would also prevent the accidental killings of many children each year when kids find daddy's gun and play with it to a tragic end.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!