Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By newguy
Just figured I let anyone know who looking for powder and bullet heads. They have abunch at Outpost in Montville. He charging 30 dollars for a pound of powder. But hell he got it. Sorry no primers though. Mostly Alliant powders

Just glad i didn't have to make the trip down there and i know a friend who lives down there and delivered. :lol:
By CTSixshot
What a deal! Delivery makes up some of the $30 a pound.
Did you notice what 9 ounces of Trail Boss was marked at?

At times like these, you have to figure rounds per pound when buying scarce powder. For example, Long Shot lists 6.8gr for .45 ACP at 908 fps; Power Pistol 8.1 gr at 916 fps. LS makes 1029 rounds; PP 864 rounds. Assuming the same price, what would give you more pop?
By newguy
CTSixshot wrote:What a deal! Delivery makes up some of the $30 a pound.
Did you notice what 9 ounces of Trail Boss was marked at?

At times like these, you have to figure rounds per pound when buying scarce powder. For example, Long Shot lists 6.8gr for .45 ACP at 908 fps; Power Pistol 8.1 gr at 916 fps. LS makes 1029 rounds; PP 864 rounds. Assuming the same price, what would give you more pop?
I will ask him when he drops off my powder today. See what he says.
By CTSixshot
If he didn't notice, don't have him go back and look. I can pick up a phone and TB isn't a priority purchase by any stretch. It's just that its packaged less than a pound and I was curious if they mark it equal to other 16 ounce powders (generally not, but in today's market...?).
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!