Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By SpaceCritter
My gun safety suggestion would be keeping the Vice President AWAY from shotguns.
By Arby238
I just left my 2 cents.
By Harry
I left more than 2Cents for my peace of mind
By MessEleven
My response:

These are not the times for knee-jerk reactions to a despicable act. And yet that's exactly what many of our representative are proposing. Instead of enforcing existing laws, you seem to be focused on creating an entirely new class of criminals...us. Those proposals range from the functionally ridiculous like limits on magazine size, to the insane like Crazy Uncle Joe's "just fire a couple of warning shots from a 12 gauge."

Where is the critical discussion of involuntary commitment in our State? Had we not been among the very few States that prevents this, Adam Lanza might in an institution instead of dead with the children he killed.

We already live in one of the most gun-restrictive States in the Union. Background checks, effective registration and ridiculous limits on gun types are already part of our Connecticut lives. So instead of demagoguery of this issue on the coattails of dead children, I hope that you strongly consider not infringing the rights of your citizens.

And if you can't see your way to reason, then I sincerely hope every one of our State's small arms manufacturers find a more healthy environment elsewhere.
By holepuncher
Left my 2.5 cents worth.

Thanks for pointing us to this. I'd go to the "conference" in Danbury today, but it is closed to the public. Disappointing.

No matter whether we think he will listen, it is always good to register our opinions. The best thing about politicians is they way they change in response to the clamoring demands of their constituents. It's also the worst thing about them...

Not to be misunderstood, but why be upset about 20 kids getting shot when they all could have been aborted legally not that many years ago? Just saying let's be consistent here.

I am 61 and grew up with the Ten Commandments posted in my grade school classroom. It was a good thing, for there were times I got really mad at some classmate and felt like I could kill him at recess. I don't think Adam Lanze grew up with "Thou Shalt Not Kill" on his classroom wall.

Nor did he see it when he shot his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School.
By dougk
lets enforce the laws we have first before we start making new ones....
By Dogberry01
I sent him a email 2 months ago and received email back stating he is against guns and our sport to sum it up.
By 67malibu
F him . that lousy p.o.s

I sent my email a day ago. sounded very much like MessElevens
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!