Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By sjcolwell2
and AR-15 are harder to aim ... wtf
By Cd586
I love how desperate the liberals are to "prove" their minions are somehow gun friendly. It's amusing, in a pathetic sort of way.
By punisher
Cd586 wrote:I love how desperate the liberals are to "prove" their minions are somehow gun friendly. It's amusing, in a pathetic sort of way.
Agreed.

Theyve become so desperate that now they these morons are telling people to fire warning shots.
Shots at who? The frakin secret service?
What a stinkin joke.
By Woody
Here's the letter I sent to joe Biden regarding his response to the girl in the town hall discussion.

Mr. Biden,
In a recent town hall affair on Facebook you told a questioner who asked about firearms bans that she should "buy(get) a shotgun!" While I don't disagree with the effectiveness of a shotgun for home defense, I do take offense at the shear irresponsibility of the rest of your response. You said that you told your wife to go out and raise the barrel and fire both barrels. This violates the rules of responsible gun ownership. Even my twelve year old daughter knows the rules of gun safety.
1. Every gun is a loaded gun.
2. Know your target and everything that is beyond it.
3. Do not point your gun at anything that you do not wish to destroy or kill.
4. Do not put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

so what I am understanding is that you encourage your wife to shoot blindly into the darkness at something that she is unsure of?
If my dog happened to get out of the car when I stopped near your house with a flat tire, while we are in vacation, and my twelve year old daughter, my wife and I are walking through the woods screaming her name, and we awaken your wife with our somewhat frustrated and angered(at the situation) voices, she in her sleepy slumber and disorientation panics, grabs the shotgun and shoots my daughter in the darkness. Will you take responsibility for this action? Will this be a horrible mistake, or will it be premeditated as this was what she was wrongly instructed, by you to do? This is terribly irresponsible gun ownership. You publicly advocated firing blindly into the darkness. Is your wife trained in the shooting sports? Beyond knowing how to fire the double barreled shotgun? Does she have her hunting license or a pistol permit? Is she a qualified shooter? Your advice perpetuates irresponsible gun ownership, and aggravates the possibility of a wrongful death at the barrel of a gun. You are advocating, not "standing your ground", but stepping outside your protected dwelling (both legally and literal) and perpetuating a violent criminal situation . You are advocating an illegal activity, pursuing a potential intruder outside your premises.

This is the advice you gave to a person that you have no idea, her mental capacity, or ability to own a gun. Are you advising her to purchase the gun " in a parking lot?" And not go through a reputable gun store, Which would require no background check? Which is legal.
I graciously await your correspondence regarding this matter.
By punisher
How dare you question the vice president!! :lol:
By denick
Brain Washing! This can seem stupid to all of us but it is a measured release of a message.

The Vice President of the United States of America, trusted, knowledgeable, experienced, grandfatherly, man, says, "we want people to own guns, to protect themselves, hunt, target shoot, have fun....... and I know how you should do that........listen to me, I know"

A Shepherd ? online dictionary......
1. a person who herds, tends, and guards sheep.
2.a person who protects, guides, or watches over a person or group of people.

OR

Pied Piper? American Heritage Dictionary.........
1. A person who offers others strong yet delusive enticements.
2. One, such as a leader, who makes irresponsible promises.
[After The Pied Piper of Hamelin, title and hero of a poem by Robert Browning.]
[/b]
By ct67_72
Biden is a moron. I remember seeing him talking about the steroid use in baseball years ago and just thinking of what an ignorant waste of life this man was. Low and behold now hes vice president. Great.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!