Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Eric
Hey all.

Are there any public rifle ranges in CT?

I've heard of one in Glastonbury, but it may be closed for winter, and I'm not sure if they have a rifle range.

Are there any private clubs that have public-days, guest days, or any
"$30 1-day passes?"

I'm not a complete cheap b_stard, I just think I'll only go once or twice this year, and don't want to drop a bundle on a years membership just for a couple trips.

Are there options?

Thanks all.

Eric.
By CTSixshot
Seems like there's a thread on this somewhere...

...at any rate, there's also High Rock in Naugatuck. Weekends and usually a line, but very affordable.

Wooster Mountain just south of Danbury Airport on Rt 7.

Another venue that's a deal, but only twice a year: Meriden R&G has a Spring open house "Cast & Blast" and a similar open house in the Fall. Admission includes all range use, fishing pond and ayce food.

I don't know where you are, but my relatives have farm land (~150 meter range) in Litchfield County, if you don't mind taking a drive.
By Eric
Thanks Mike & CTSix. Just the kind of info I was looking for.

I'm in Suffield by Bradley airport btw. I just updated my profile to show it.

Thanks again. More thoughts welcome.

Eric.
By newguy
Glastonbury State Range opens about April if they have enough range officers one year It took till June to staff it. It is free and only open Saturday and Sunday for reserved 2 hour blocks. and It fills up SUPER QUICK
By Polstery
Right next to you is the Hartford gun club, if you have a friend that's in it already it $10 guest fee. What are you looking to shoot?
By Eric
Just bought an AR. "Del-Ton". I'd never heard of it when I had to snap it up, but it got a halfway-decent review from Guns and Ammo.

It's stamped DTI-15, but on DelTon's site they're all named models.

An AR was on my long term list behind some much cheaper other guns, but recent events meant overpaying.

MSRP about $800 guessing on their site, bought last Monday from BMG across the street from Hoffman's for $1450.

I'm familiar with the platform from my National Guard days, and just wanted to take it to a range to make sure it worked, and test the two new ammo-types I have: Wolf and Independence. (I hear bad things about Wolf in 1911 45s).

I was a member for 2012 at a great no-hassle club in Monson Mass (Springfield Sportsman Club), but I probably won't be going as much in 2013. I spend $50 in ammo each time I go, plus more nerves about bringing stuff through Mass.
I was a little nervous about bringing other-stuff to the range in the past, but an AR in today's climate out-of-state may be too much. I haven't renewed for 2013.

A public range trip or two should do it for awhile.

Eric.
By Polstery
If your dropping $1400 on a gun it only $594 to join the Hartford gun club to use your gun. We have a 200 yard range for you ar plus a indoor and outdoor pistol range. I shoot skeet (we have 6 skeet fields) there is also trap 9 fields and 5 stand if you like. A friend of mine and I also dabble in archery, the club just gave us a plot of land to setup our targets so you really get a lot for you money. It kind of a waste to have a ar and nowhere to shoot, give the club a look.
By AgentP
I'm a member at Metacon in Simsbury. I can bring a guest. 100yds out side and indoor pistol range. If you want to go someday. Just check out their website/calendar. Let me know. Jeff
By Eric
Thanks all for being so generous with information and offers, and welcoming to a new forum member.

I appreciate it, and look forward to contributing as well.

Eric.
By Woody
Eric, hit Jeff up for the invite! Metacon is a good club with good facilities. Plus anything you want to know about your gun or any other, he'll know. Perhaps he'll also bring along some of his really cool toys to play with! It'll be a great day!
By sjcolwell2
I live in Windsor Locks and i'm a member at Windsor Marksmen Assoc. Send me a Private message if u wanna shoot that thing this weekend. mostlikely sunday Around 1
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!