Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By hayes1966
Can we expand

11. Nominate an ATF director.

11. Nominate an ATF director who won't give guns to the Mexican drug cartels.
By AGust82
Weird. Is it just me or does it basically say nothing?
By KenT
AGust82 wrote:Weird. Is it just me or does it basically say nothing?
Thats how I felt. Its all very vague. So many things can be listed under each. To be continued no doubt.
By sjcolwell2
Yup pretty much says nothing
By x13sandman13x
What kills me is how ignorant and accepting the american people have become. Executive orders only apply to the executive branch of the govt. What I do not understand is why is everyone accepting of EO's as law?
By denick
Every one is the basis for a regulation, for creation of experts, intertwining of
issues,

Example

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

What will be relevant? If you've paid your taxes. Where you've traveled. your employment. your HEALTH ......

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

States that share information will get FREE money for some purpose (like gun control measures). States that don't won't. Connecticut won't fork over every piece of data they can generate to get Federal Money!

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

Full background check? Come to your house and inspect it. Interview your friends, family, neighbor, co-workers, school records, bank records, read all your posts on ctshooting, ex wife / girl friend your HEALTH........... whatever gives them something to deny returning your gun.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

Write new extreme standards on safety. It'll be written by "Consumer Safety Commission" They wouldn't over regulate they're safety experts!

These are a few examples.
sjcolwell2 wrote:Yup pretty much says nothing
Exactly what they hope every American says to them self.

What is it that they intend?
Last edited by denick on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nvisn
This is the equivalent of playing "I'm just gonna put the tip in"

Here is a hint: It is never JUST the tip.
By Woody
What scares me is what senator Bye proposed;

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended with respect to firearms, assault weapons and ammunition to: (1) Prohibit individuals from possessing certain ammunition feeding devices that accept more than ten rounds; (2) designate a semiautomatic rifle as an assault weapon under subparagraph (A) of subdivision (3) of subsection (a) of section 53-202a of the general statutes if such rifle has only one of the enumerated features set forth in said subparagraph, rather than two of such enumerated features as currently provided; (3) require a permit for any rifle with a pistol grip; (4) exempt from the provisions of subdivisions (1), (2) and (3) of this section firearms defined as curios or relics under 27 CFR 478.11 that are owned by a collector under subsections (c) and (d) of 27 CFR 478.41; (5) require a person to obtain a permit in order to purchase ammunition and prohibit the purchase of ammunition by any person who is not legally authorized to possess a firearm; (6) prohibit the purchase of ammunition through the Internet; (7) amend section 53a-217 and chapter 529 of the general statutes to prohibit the storage of any firearm, rather than only a loaded firearm as currently provided, and ammunition in a manner that allows access by a person under the age of eighteen, rather than a person under the age of sixteen as currently provided; and (8) require individuals to register all firearms with state law enforcement officials, and require biennial renewal of such registration.
By jerryd
Where do these IDIOTS come up with this crap?Are they on some kind of mind expanding or shrinking drug we dont know about??? WTF
By hayes1966
The devil is in the details !!!
By sjcolwell2
what i meant was that his orders pretty much talk in circles. Not we shouldn't be concerned about them.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!