Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By KenT
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/hig ... 12601.html

Im a little inclined to believe the more violence there is, the more it may backfire on the bans. People don't want fight bad guys with pots and pans afterall. They may speak up with us at this rate.

I think as the economy plunges, there will (is) be more violence, so thats a part of why the the feds are doing it all. They know a lot of people are hurting and have nothing to lose. Notice all the bank and store robberies lately? Its crazy.
By Woody
True that violence always rises during tough economical times. Mostly from people who were already on the fringe. As times get tougher, people who are forced into corners tend to strike out. Whether its an addict who is trying to get his fix, or a family man trying as a last ditch effort to support his family, any person faced with destitution will do what is necessary to survive.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the story you posted. This more than likely is a result of bullying and/or a personal problem with the intended victims. He "named" them, called them out. Totally different subject. This has to do with school bullying.
What the Feds are doing now is an entirely different subject altogether. I don't see any politician trying to ban cigarettes and a million people are affected each year by them. The death rate tens of thousands higher per year. If gun and ammo sales were as high as tobacco sales per year we would only have to put a warning sticker on a gun, not ban them.
By JohnFH
California has the most restrictive firearm laws on the books out side of Chicago, I see how well they are working. apparantly no matter how many laws you make, the criminals still seem to ignore them
By SR9
JohnFH wrote:California has the most restrictive firearm laws on the books out side of Chicago, I see how well they are working. apparantly no matter how many laws you make, the criminals still seem to ignore them
Yup, just proves laws don't stop crime.
By newguy
Not for nothing but these kids are wimps. I swear I think everyone here had gotten a hard time (the new take on it bullying) from another kid. They went to school with growing up. You dealt with it maybe punched the other guy in face or just shrugged it off. I personally blame the parents for babying there kids and not have them man up. Maybe i sound alittle old school but Jeez remove the nipple from the mouth.
By KenT
Political correctness is starting show it's true colors. Kids have nothing to fear. It's child abuse if you spank your kid and nobody goes to Church so there is no fear of God and going to hell. Parenting has been reduced to daycare (plus love hopefully). There are just too many factors to control anymore.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!