Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
(and I know theyre not assault rifles)

When I went to get my teeth cleaned today, my dental hygienist (in her low 40s I think) and I discussed Sandy Hook and of course it moved on to gun control because I knew her boyfriend was a sportsman. So I asked about her reactions about all the proposed laws. She felt regular citizens shouldn’t have ‘machine guns’. So I educated her on what an AR-15 is; basically an ergonomic rifle with up to a 30 round magazine, that does NOT have burst or full auto machine-gun like rate of fire. She raised an eyebrow and confessed she always thought otherwise. I can’t imagine how many more people think burst and full autos are generally available to the public. And then she asked how necessary 30 round magazines are. I went on and asked her how she'd feel if a bad guy broke in her house who DID have a 30 round mag and she had to change magazines at the 10 round point... who'd win that battle? (assuming both parties were equaled at combat shooting, unlikely though). Anyway, I really believe it got her to think. I don’t even try and start the conversation about Govt tyranny with people I’m only acquainted with. Friends and family, yes. But I figure just explain it at any angle they'll appreciate or understand it at.
I also mentioned this a ONE WAY TICKET. Once we lose these rights.... well, you know the rest.

Im sure you all have MANY stories like this and I will continue to do this with people Im at least acquainted with. Anyway, had to share.
By Woody
These may help

http://youtu.be/Ooa98FHuaU0
This one gives a great view on crime statistics

And this one...

http://youtu.be/8C-CLsMRcA0

Explains the difference between an assault rifle and an AR.

We've pretty much already lost the battle on assault rifle classification, because of the media an lack of knowledge of the masses of Americans. Our government is hell bent on reclassifying what an assault rifle is, at every turn our elected officials condemn anything they don't understand.

Watch the videos, and pass them on if you can. They've helped me in a few instances. You can access them on any smartphone.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!