Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By KenT
Dear Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stances on the violence prevention and gun control debates. In the wake of the Newtown tragedy, I am interested to hear how the people of Connecticut believe public safety can be best served.

As you might be aware, I introduced a bill in 2011 which would have banned magazines carrying more than ten rounds of ammunition. Although that proposal did not pass, I strongly believe that we should revisit the idea. I recently reintroduced the bill along with Senator John McKinney, the Republican Minority Leader, for further consideration in the General Assembly.

There are many other dimensions to violence prevention and gun control which also must be addressed. We should consider an outright ban on semi-automatic weaponry. I have recently discussed the idea of locking firearms to guarantee that only their owners can access them. It is important to pass national background check legislation and ensure that weaponry does not end up in the wrong hands. We should consider banning certain types of ammunition, such as full metal jacket bullets, which serve no practical uses other than to harm and maim. It is our duty to examine the mental health system and help prevent future massacres by identifying and treating those suffering from mental illness. Although I have never supported this idea in the past, we should also consider the possibility of armed guards and teachers in our schools.

I expect that there will be a long, contentious debate and that many other proposals will be discussed. It is important that we consider all of these ideas and take a comprehensive look at gun control and violence prevention so we can make our state safer for our families and neighbors. As always, I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Gary LeBeau

Senator, 3rd District
By jerryd
Guess hes anti gun ???? He is also not too well edukated in firearms either, hopefully he wont get reelected again !!! :shit:
By mu2bdriver
He's bought a lot of votes through the years so he's not going anywhere right away. That's the same letter I received. Watch out for those FMJ bullets...they harm and maim. I like how he morphs SB1094 from a confiscation bill to ban. Gun owners have longer memories than that.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!